Low-profile XC race knee pad (What brand/kind)

LGMan

I've seen several of them on events. Can anyone tell me what brand? My Google search results are not the ones that I've seen.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
BlackSuitSpider-Man.jpg

greeek32

I have a pair of gforms and they are probably what you're looking for if you just want to put a small amount of pad between you and hurt. They don't impede pedaling, they're not hot, and the don't soak up sweat. They also don't provide much protection. Gform knee pads are great for single impacts like smashing your knee into your stem, bouncing it off of a rock, etc. What they are terrible at is if you fall and slide; they will fall right down (or slide up). Also, if you go tumbling through the woods, the multiple impacts will drag them off of your knees too.

My opinion is this: do I think they're great pads? No, they're fine if all you want is a little protection but nothing more. Would I buy them again? No, I'd get something that stays up better. Do I use mine now? Almost never. After 2 crashes on GForms I bought a set of POC VPD 2's and now use those all of the time but they're probably not what you're looking for as they are a tad more bulky, hot as hell, and really not meant for XC racing. I feel like GForms would be much better if they had straps or something to hold them in place better; the little bead of silicon just doesn't really cut it.

Top Bottom