Lewis Morris

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Just got back from a few laps on what I thought was the course. No computer or HR monitor, so don't ask for any mileage or gps. I can tell you it was super fun on a SS. :D:D:D

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
on-site registration

I'm nursing a Granogue injury at the moment and not sure if I can do LM this weekend. They do have on-site registration if I do decide to race, right?

CrossAddict

Course info

From what I remeber last year there was no steep climbs just tons of rolling fun. I'll be rocking the 18 on my SS (29er) OOOOO' YEAH:D

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
One quick lap plus an extra mile this afternoon. So fast. Still worried about 18 miles but I think it should be lots of fun.

I'll be doing one lap plus another slower lap to make sure I've got all the lines down pat this Saturday early. Probably around 730/8. If anyone's interested let me know.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Really unfortunate that they hadn't marked the race course as of this morning. I've never once seen a course not marked the day before.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
. This is my first sport race and 18 miles is a bit intimidating.
Way to go with the upgrade Tommy ! You should do fine. Just pace yourself and if you get tired, think of it like a training ride to your future, not a race. You'll be crossing the finish line before you know it. :)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Justin,

Pace pace pace. The first 10 minutes of this course can ruin your race.

Also, Lewis Morris is really a tightrope act with biking, which may have something to do with no markings today. That's pure speculation though.

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone ever register at sign-ups with a credit card or just cash?

Sitting here wondering the same thing, guess I'll hit the MAC in the morning just in case. I know at the MASS races you can pay on-site with credit card but not sure about H2H.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Lordy that was not fun. 18 miles. Jesus. Gave it all I had. Need more time on the trainer i think.

Big ups to Veronica Castner for taking the win in the juniors. We pre-rode the course Saturday and I was amazed at the 12-yr old's skills. Overall a fun day, good seeing everyone -

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was happy with my performance considering that I have only owned a bike for about 8 months now and it was my first race. I learned alot about how you should warm up first (I only rode in the parking lot for like 5 min before the race) Also, blasting past people on the downhills was not nearly as helpful as I hoped since im not in good enough shape yet for the uphills. But doing the decents makes me think I should downhilling sometime.

gtluke

The Moped
i did horrible. about 5 minutes slower than my time on thursday.
i cramped up, pooped out.
i think i was nervous since it was my first race.
13/17 in 18-28 beginners class

i got passed by a guy who's derailer broke so he was pushing the bike and running :(

t.wach

Today was awesome. It was my first sport race 15-18. The first two laps weren't too bad but onn the third i started to get real tired. I ended up third overall out of 7 or 8 people. :D

xc62701

Great job guys! I wish I was there to cheer you on. Looks like the race was a lot of fun!!!

Eileen

Today's race was a lot of fun! I felt pretty good on my first lap once we all spread out. On my second lap I had a Bulldog guy pre-riding behind me on the climbs and cheering me on (thanks it helped a lot) I actually caught up to a couple of people. On my third lap my legs were really feeling it and I walked a bit, but I was happy to finish before the expert race started.

Did anyone happen to find out when sport results will be up online?

Top Bottom