Lewis Morris

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does anyone know which way the course is going to run this year yet?
-rf

Since this thread started all right...

I might add that the course last year was slightly under 6 miles. The course for this year, according to martysreliable.com, is 7 miles. That's 28 miles for the experts. Even if you look at the top dogs, pushing 11 mph avg is really flying. Be ready for a 2 1/2+ hour battle. You may see some people lose it towards the end.

EABODS

Chill Bill

Bill's computer would only register 6 miles because he spends (roughly) a mile in the air over logs on each lap (he locks his wheels in the air to impress all of the fine female spectators who come to the races).

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
just realizing now that sport does 3 laps. good golly. even if its 6 miles thats still 18 total which is 6 more than waway and tymor. i felt fine at those races distance-wise but obviously nutrition is going to play a bigger role for me this race.

CrossAddict

Take Nothing for Granted

CrossAddict aka RF - unless Lance suits up in your class you're going to win and even if he does you might still win.

And Will - you've already ceded this is a 60 point race for you.

Anyway, it seems like 50% of the class doesn't pre-reg anyway so you never have a real idea how big your class is until you line up.

Norm,

I never think I'm going to win until the last 100m of a race. Anything can happen and I just always hope to do my best. I got hammered last year in this race:confused: I just had a really bad day:( I'm feeling better this season and having more fun just ridding my mountain bike a few times a week.

Last season was a transition back to the MTB.

I'm glad to be home.

-rf

CrossAddict

Airtime !!

Bill's computer would only register 6 miles because he spends (roughly) a mile in the air over logs on each lap (he locks his wheels in the air to impress all of the fine female spectators who come to the races).

This is true. Bill does catch some air over almost anything, and the ladies really love it when he locks out the tires all table-topped and crossed up.:D

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Norm,

I never think I'm going to win until the last 100m of a race. Anything can happen and I just always hope to do my best. I got hammered last year in this race:confused: I just had a really bad day:( I'm feeling better this season and having more fun just ridding my mountain bike a few times a week.

Last season was a transition back to the MTB.

I'm glad to be home.

-rf

Good to hear you're back and enjoying yourself. This race also kicked my ass last year but that's not uncommon for me as most races do.

Maybe we'll see you tomorrow for a few laps?

CrossAddict

Good to hear you're back and enjoying yourself. This race also kicked my ass last year but that's not uncommon for me as most races do.

Maybe we'll see you tomorrow for a few laps?

I 'have to' ride with the Vernon MTB Club (I'm the advisor) 4:15 b-ride /5:15 a-ride @ Waway.

Yes it is as cool as it sounds. HS MTB hell yeah!

-rf

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I 'have to' ride with the Vernon MTB Club (I'm the advisor) 4:15 b-ride /5:15 a-ride @ Waway.

Yes it is as cool as it sounds. HS MTB hell yeah!

-rf

Too bad. I'd really like to see some of this back and forth jive talk in real life.

Oh well, next time. I'll tell Bill to point you out Sunday. I'll be wearing the same kit, just bigger and softer and a class below ya'll. I only spend .0000000000001 miles in the air and still come up with 6 miles. The ladies laugh at me.

xc62701

Just remember to punch it in the last mile. You never know who had a mechanical or bonked right before the finish.
(I was telling myself this as I topped the final climb at Tymor. Then my wheel ate my derailleur and cost me 5 spots. I hate when it backfires...lol)

CrossAddict

derailleur ?

Just remember to punch it in the last mile. You never know who had a mechanical or bonked right before the finish.
(I was telling myself this as I topped the final climb at Tymor. Then my wheel ate my and cost me 5 spots. I hate when it backfires...lol)

derailleur??? What the hell is that?:confused:

-rf

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is true. Bill does catch some air over almost anything, and the ladies really love it when he locks out the tires all table-topped and crossed up.:D

i like it when bill endo's over a fence the best.

marty's really says the course is 7 miles? no f'ing way.

but yes, sport is every bit of 18. it is very manageable BUT you cannot go flying outta the gate b/c you will burn your legs up quick. you literally go up, then UP, then down, then right back UP, then down a little, then up rooty, icky stuff, then down it....
....this is where i predict the course will change! you'll (probably) bang a left, go down the washed out section to the bottom, then make a right a follow the "new" single track to the top...
....then down, across the road, sorta up, then UP the gravel washout climb. from there, there's reall only one more taxing climb but it's after lots of fun, fast down.

rinse, repeat x 2.

see, that wasn't so bad, was it. :D

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I had no idea this race could conjure up such debate. Mileage, laps, ups, down, roots, duals :getsome:. Did i miss something?

... Great to hear the excitement. I'm heading down shortly for a pre-ride, mainly to dial in gearing.

sasquatch2

isn't LM the smoothie of the H2H series??? it's 7 miles that feels like 5 :p

PS- that's because I roll with gears on my full suspension 26er :getsome:

F

FallGirl1430

I was just going to ask the same question. Kind of annoying...

Whooooooooooooops, I quoted the wrong quote. Ok so I'm a blonde

Once again, does anyone have the answer ... or the pre-reg listing?

Dumb Blonde ... :)

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I might add that the course last year was slightly under 6 miles. The course for this year, according to martysreliable.com, is 7 miles. That's 28 miles for the experts. Even if you look at the top dogs, pushing 11 mph avg is really flying. Be ready for a 2 1/2+ hour battle.

On Sunday, I pre-rode the course, I didn't pay attention to what the mileage was, but rode pretty close to race-pace and did 4 laps in just under 2 hours...I'd imagine once I'm chasing Greg around that time will go down some, possibly to something like a 1:50 race time for the Experts?

-Jim.

Top Bottom