Lewis Morris Conditions

How is Lewis Morris looking after last week's bad weather? Hoping to get there soon.

I was there yesterday. Most of the place is ok, but the sections that tend to get muddy are really muddy. I would avoid, especially with the weather today and what's in the forecast.

took the dog out for a quick ride along today, i would say park is rideable but is greasy and pretty sloppy in spots. dry is a stretch. still fun tho.:D

Attachments

• 2013-03-15_12-23-29_605.jpg
    2013-03-15_12-23-29_605.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 192
I'll be working up in Randolph tomorrow (Saturday), and was planning on hitting LewMo after lunch. Current conditions?

Not much snow anymore, but likely very soft if the trails near me (I'm on the other side of Morristown from Lew Mo) are any indication.

Stopped in here yesterday. Most of the place is ok but a few of the usual spots that don't drain well are still messy. They are easily avoidable. Overall it was rideable. Today's weather will set the place back once again though.

Damn near perfect conditions. Trails were like tacky-damp but not wet. No puddles, no trees down, really fun today. Get some!

I rode Lewis Morris last thursday. Yellow, green, and teal were good. Red got messy once you get into the area where the trees are still down from Sandy (its on the top of the mountain, shortly after the intersection of yellow and red). You may want to skip that part of red, really muddy and you have to walk around the trees. Other than that the trails were good.

Conditions were again very good last night. One puddle. :D
Decent amount of tree litter, so watch for that.

Lm

Mid season conditions! Fast and furious as always...Saw one of the biggest Buck's of my life staring at me. I guess the hunters missed him back in November. Huge guy.

Mid season conditions! Fast and furious as always...Saw one of the biggest Buck's of my life staring at me. I guess the hunters missed him back in November. Huge guy.

Very good overall, but the lower section of Red where it gets swampy, was really swampy. I'd avoid that little section unless you want to get mucky. I tiptoed around.
Otherwise "mint".:D
No Bambi's for me. Just dogs.

Lm

Yeah that section was a mess. I'd be happy to help cut that tree up if/when they do some trailwork. Have Stihl will travel. I wouldnt say that Buck I saw was Bambi. Scared the crap out of me actually. Had to have been one of the biggest Bucks I've ever seen. Stately dude just staring at me and he wasnt moving.

Very good overall, but the lower section of Red where it gets swampy, was really swampy. I'd avoid that little section unless you want to get mucky. I tiptoed around.
Otherwise "mint".:D
No Bambi's for me. Just dogs.

I was there on Saturday, and conditions were great except this spot. was thre a recent reroute here? I've only been there 2 previous times, and my GPS must not have been up to date.

I was there on Saturday, and conditions were great except this spot. was thre a recent reroute here? I've only been there 2 previous times, and my GPS must not have been up to date.

My usual ride doesn't include that section but it was on the race loop; I don't recall it being that bad. There is that big tree down so the normal route may be blocked? Any grown-ups who might know?:D

There is some fun singletrack on it, but honestly just as well to leave that section alone imho.

Lew mo conditions

Park was overall in good shape, a couple of slick spots in the usual places but overall it drained pretty well. Tomorrow should be even better.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions