Lewis Morris Conditions

roc

Saw a very big bear lying in a creek right after the bridge by the pavilion. There was another bear about 20 yards from that one. As cool as it is to see a bear, it's really frightening, when it's 10 feet away, and you are going uphill. The bear never moved, but it did just look at me and my buddy. Very unnerving, knowing, if it wanted to get me, It could have had me, no problem. Did I say it was HUGE??

stilluf

Rode down to lewmo from home yesterday.....I must say, overall, this park is a disaster. The erosion is so bad now, I think you could start holding enduros at this place.

Agree that there is a desperate need for re-routes in some parts of the park, especially the trails off the tempe wick lot.

stilluf

Rode Lew Mo last night. Overall good conditions, though the mud bogs by lower lot grew a little bit.
In addition, a few riders reported seeing bears, and we heard one messing around in the underbrush not far off the trail by the first climb after the pavilion. So be alert and ready to surrender your picnic baskets. :cool:

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
Lots of folks in the park biking today. Trails were in good shape but I did run across a soft spot or 2 and 1 big puddle on the way to the bridge on the yellow trail heading back to Sunrise Lake.

I was introducing a newbie to LewMo yesterday, and had a lot of time to survey things out. The sad thing is that place has huge potential to be another Nassau Trails if done right. We can even keep the existing trail system for hikers if need be. I've been told though that the local government is against this stuff though.

Maybe I should run for freeholder?

stilluf

Rode here last evening. Conditions are trending towards suboptimal, featuring too many loose, washed out sections. Need some rain and re-routes.

Also, great to see the ladies of the Women's Ride out in force!

stilluf

Mostly tacky trail conditions this morning, with mud puddles in usual spots on trails by Tempe wick lot.
Setting up for primo conditions this weekend.

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Leaves are starting to hide the ruts that continue to get deeper. Piles of horse poop all over yellow, some down trees, but hey it's dry! Northern loop down requires an enduro bike now:)

drabina

Any reports from LM? I am planning on going there tomorrow. Just want to make sure it is ridable after all the rain we had last week.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Not first-hand knowledge but I bet it will be fine. Though there may be trees down from all the wind we had on Halloween.

drabina

We did the yellow trail today and all is in good condition. Only one branch that fell down plus two mud puddles. Rest is good with tons of leaves that get into the chainring.

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Good conditions yesterday, lots of leaves, large tree hanging 6 feet off the ground on green down where it splits off from red.

TPI_Elky

Good conditions yesterday, lots of leaves, large tree hanging 6 feet off the ground on green down where it splits off from red.

I must have missed that. I rode my usual loop (I think it's the race loop but I've never figured out if they ride green or teal away from orange - Y -> O -> G-> Y -> R -> O -> Y). Only puddle I saw was on the return to the lot on the back side of yellow in the usual place.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions