Let's see your Walmart bikes!

What should I build next with scrap parts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What you are really after is the frame of these walmart bikes.
The components are pretty crappy and scary to ride them on the trails.
If you can sell the take off parts in FB and etc... then these bikes can be a deal but if not... not so much because there a deals on CR for Ragleys and what not.

I bought my Axum when they had them on sale for 250 or something like that and sold the take off parts for 150 on FB.
True, but that was pandemic pricing. Probably harder to unload today. I may go a different direction, still low budget and less chance of fatal injury.

1x9 Microshift Advent isn’t the sexiest thing out there…… but the F#cking thing just really works well. Especially for solo trail riding. I wouldn’t recommend it for racing or spirited group rides (the jumps between gears is not ideal in those circumstances) but regular JRA? 👍

1x9 Microshift Advent isn’t the sexiest thing out there…… but the F#cking thing just really works well. Especially for solo trail riding. I wouldn’t recommend it for racing or spirited group rides (the jumps between gears is not ideal in those circumstances) but regular JRA? 👍
Currently have that drivetrain on my Mukluk and totally agree. It's been on there a few years now, and has been super reliable and sees the worse conditions of any bike I own.

Yeah its amazing that they are able to sell SLX at this price point. But its got a non-tapered head-tube though.

Another interesting one I found on Walmart, but out of stock right now - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tr...ke-Medium-Frame-Green-Adult-Unisex/3405271473
The Asian components starting to look legit. Even their electric shifting components are well reviewed. Wonder when the big brands will jump on to keep prices down. But sure Shimano and SRAM won't let them go that direction.

True, but that was pandemic pricing. Probably harder to unload today. I may go a different direction, still low budget and less chance of fatal injury.
Probably tougher in your neck of the woods.
Me... being relatively closer to Paterson... prolly easier with those small repair shops and whatnot

Ragley is a solid low budget option especially if you catch them on sale.

Last edited:
Probably tougher in your neck of the woods.
Me... being relatively closer to Paterson... prolly easier with those small repair shops and whatnot
That's cool. I have the fork, brakes, wheel/cassette/derailleur taken off from my Schwinn taff. I should drop them at your place. :)

Carbon frame version for $583 seems pretty good. They also have a gravel bike for $480.

Nice. I did not see that one. Looks like its owned by the same parent company, they own Huffy and niner too!

There only a few factories making carbon bikes in the world. Since their parent company owns niner brand as well, maybe both are made in the same factory. Obviously the cheaper will be heavy and maybe older geo.
Its in the quality of the molds, compare a generic carbon handlebar to a branded and you'll see the difference. Some thicknesses differ by almost millimeter...

Back
Top Bottom