Let's see your Walmart bikes!

What should I build next with scrap parts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
looks like a 6MR type bike?
HD in front... interesting

Been street riding my Niner and I think I am slowly getting used to the positioning.
I need to extend my riding time more.

Got a new lower headset for the Kent but unfortunately not Funn... The size is apparently not standard, didn't bother to measure but it's not 56mm. The unsealed bearings are too shallow for a CCreek race but the Funn race stacked on top of another race seems to do the trick. Much smoother now and no binding.View attachment 238612
Budget bike deserves a budget head set. The size is zs44-55 and this one works really well for $20 -

This isn’t one of you guys, is it?
Probably appropriate that they pulled into McDonalds before starting their ride…
IMG_6108.jpeg

Shakedown ride today at Chimney. Really happy with the fit. Isn't super light and the front tire likes to stay planted. The RS-1 fork is pleasantly supple with the matching SRAM hub. Stopped a few times to adjust the shifter cable and loose bolts, but still has some squeaks. The the tires were meh, as I've never been a fan of Schwalbes. Not used to XC tires, the Racing Ralphs like to drift in the rear and the don't like to brake. Plan to ride it again tomorrow at LewMo.
PXL_20240525_150412044.jpg

Lost a dropout screw during today's ride, then realized there's no locktite on it. Had to use an alternative since my locktite collection is at the beach house. Also all screws were loose when I checked. My mistake for assuming they were tight. Though bike felt great again at LewMo. But time to go back to the SS.
PXL_20240526_143551432.jpg
PXL_20240526_190857681.jpg

Back
Top Bottom