Latest and greatest sealant?

It hasn't been that way for years. When I was at the factory we were discussing the formula in regards to it using anti-freeze etc (not the specifics of course) and apparently it has changed a lot over the years. Partially to improve it, partially for environmental reasons.

PG isn't environmentally friendly?
The crap we use in our car cooling system isn't, the stuff we pour in the drains is biodegradable.

last update 2016

were you there after that? Would be interested in learning their new tricks.
Latex freezes around 0C, the PG does its thing.
one issue is that the latex we buy comes with ammonia in it, to prevent mold development.
might not be the best thing for steel.

The silca apparently seals your valves if you dont position your valves correctly when storing the bike

I think a better question is what plugs are you using?

Not looking for a weed dealer btw.

I didn’t think you could refill it through the valve. I never do that anyway. It’s much cleaner to just pop the bead and pour in that way. If you go through the valve stem, it gunks up.
You’re right, you definitely can’t fill the sealant through the valve, its too thick. There is a replenisher product i keep on my bench if im too lazy to pop the bead.

Sounds like you didn’t read original post. Stans and orange seal seem to dry up too fast with inserts.

Idk what makes it special for you but I don't have to refresh my mtb tires with stans(using tannus inserts maybe the brand matters). Granted the tires don't last more than 6-8 months. Roadie gets the shake test and usually a small top off about once a year. Using stans bc everything else iv tried just seems to be junk

I use Peaty's. Every time I check it, it's still plenty wet down in the tire. I've had my bike almost 4 years and I've changed my sealant once - and that was just because I was doing other stuff, not because there was any indication of needing it. I can't comment on whether it seals - which either means it seals great and I don't notice, or I manage to never get a flat. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I use Peaty's. Every time I check it, it's still plenty wet down in the tire. I've had my bike almost 4 years and I've changed my sealant once - and that was just because I was doing other stuff, not because there was any indication of needing it. I can't comment on whether it seals - which either means it seals great and I don't notice, or I manage to never get a flat. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The same tires have been on the bike for 4yrs?

For you guys having trouble with plugs...How do they fail? Are they not working when inserted, or failing shortly after installing etc..? Asking because I've always just bought whatever plugs were available/cheap and never really given it much of a thought because they've always worked ok.

I use Stans on all bikes for years. Seems to work ok to me, but it's all I know. Has never done great with bigger punctures, but in combination with a plug(s) it always seems to do the job.

For you guys having trouble with plugs...How do they fail? Are they not working when inserted, or failing shortly after installing etc..? Asking because I've always just bought whatever plugs were available/cheap and never really given it much of a thought because they've always worked ok.

I use Stans on all bikes for years. Seems to work ok to me, but it's all I know. Has never done great with bigger punctures, but in combination with a plug(s) it always seems to do the job.
I've been using the Dynaplug Racer for a few years, alloy version. I've used it once for a tubeless snakebite puncture on a front tire. It's on a bike I don't use much, but still holding air. Guess I've been lucky that I haven't had a need to use again, but it's loaded and ready. Also a Stan's sealant user for many years.

Back
Top Bottom