Kush's semi-training thread

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Awesome job man...your determination is always impressive. After doing all 50miles once...when I saw my hanger was toast, i was happy to go sit at the tent.

Glad you went and got stitches, that would have been a big scar otherwise.

woody

By the way, I'm still having a tough time believing that you needed to remove your brake caliper in order to remove the rear wheel. Give it a try at home before your next race. Be sure to unlock the derailleur clutch first - that may be the key you're missing. (And re-lock the clutch after installing the wheel.)

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
By the way, I'm still having a tough time believing that you needed to remove your brake caliper in order to remove the rear wheel. Give it a try at home before your next race. Be sure to unlock the derailleur clutch first - that may be the key you're missing. (And re-lock the clutch after installing the wheel.)

This is correct, you do not need to remove the caliper. Just flip the switch on the derail. to off.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Great job, my man. Keep up the good work.

I know someone from Mount Bethel who is going to forward Jake's email address to me. As soon as I have it I'll pass it on.

you aren't talking about me, i take it?

anyway..

so kush, to get better at the tech, you need to ride the tech. seems obvious and considering you are the new mr. miyagi of time bending, you certainly know this. however, in the event i'm somehow relaying some amazing nugget to you, i remember a few years back maurice had the same thing going on, you know, that Meatloaf Two outta Three (ain't bad) thing?

IIRC, he spent the "off season", aka winter, doing nothing but riding the GNAR. seemed to work out.

or go ride diablo a few times. that'll give ya some perspective. just stay away from the wall ride.

soulchild

Great job, nice writeup and glad you're ok, coulda been way worse.

BTW, you are a beast son :getsome:

kush

Alex, you got guts for picking this as your first race... you were riding good, nice and smooth.

Woody, thanks again man. Sorry you chomped on my der hanger. Probably the deal with the brake, J knows my tendency to break things, so protectively he told me to remove it if I remove the wheel. Good to know.

Chris thanks...
Clarkenstein, yes, if I was on a TT bike. Felt really good to be out.
Jakey, I remember about Maurice, it makes a ton of sense.

Another aspect of constant OTBs is that the scalpel is pretty steep raked compared to G2 I had. J is actually flipping some thing to make it more slack, I'll give it a try.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nice. Good thing they didn't run the trains while u guys where on the tracks, otherwise it would have been the suicide race.

How long did it take u after finishing to start planning your next epic adventure, or where u thinking about that during your race.

Congrats on the finish at a world class sufferfest!

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
wow man, that is utterly ridiculous. I saw one of your stava files for day 1 I think....seems like you did back to back to back bearscat races but each were longer and more climbing. Awesome!

kush

Thanks guys.

Next - maybe south africa, and/or I have to do an Ironman which is also epic, i'll be honest, I'll get an IM tat and go back to mostly MTBing.

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Quote: "This route also had 5-6 bridges, which you have to run across shouldering your bike, as you can fall through and die in alligator infested waters 100 meters below." What you have described just now is not a bike race so much as a video game:
Pitfall-Atari-2600.jpg

I try not to use the word epic too much but holy shit that shit was epic. Congrats on not getting eaten by an alligator or dying in some other fashion...and for totally crushing it.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
read this on FB when you posted it. just awesome.

you should get a fat bike and join sean in AK for some epicness up there. all you have to worry about in South Africa is some random horned critter running you over...and based on what you just did, you'd use your spokes as skewers and roast it for dinner.

Top Bottom