Kingdom Trails Sadness

North Conway NH is pretty incredible but it's one of those areas that didn't want outsiders knowing all the local trails.
It seems to be a lot of publicity lately though.
I've been riding there for 20yrs but didn't ride the good stuff until i started riding with locals.
Almost no signs, trailheads or parking lots.
Jeff Lenosky has a good video from the area.
Supertight awesomeness up there!

Troll Stroll bidding at $635.00!
Screenshot_20201203-065518_eBay.jpg

why, who would pay that much for a trail sing???
This is desirable memorabilia. I'd love to have one but can't afford it while others can.

People spend stupid money on bikes,dinner or concerts/shows. When you enjoy something you find a way to afford it.

This is desirable memorabilia. I'd love to have one but can't afford it while others can.

People spend stupid money on bikes,dinner or concerts/shows. When you enjoy something you find a way to afford it.
At least in this case the money is going to a good cause vs stupid conspicuous consumption.

why, who would pay that much for a trail sing???

It's a fundraiser. We as a team have donated to KT before. If I could get a sign to go with that donation, it would be all the better.

That said, these signs are above our donation level.

T
It's a fundraiser. We as a team have donated to KT before. If I could get a sign to go with that donation, it would be all the better.

That said, these signs are above our donation level.
Makes more sense now, Didn't say that in the description

Anyone think the land owners may have a change of heart for the 2021 season? I know a few folks here have made the journey and although those trails are missed seemed to have a great time. That being said whenever I look at the trail map I cringe... Certainly not blaming land owners- it is their property and I appreciate where they are coming from. I just always loved my time in Kingdom

Anyone think the land owners may have a change of heart for the 2021 season? I know a few folks here have made the journey and although those trails are missed seemed to have a great time. That being said whenever I look at the trail map I cringe... Certainly not blaming land owners- it is their property and I appreciate where they are coming from. I just always loved my time in Kingdom
KT is always adding new trails, which are better due to years of experienced building. I was there in the fall and despite not having the old Ts, it did not diminish my enjoyment. There was enough new stuff to keep it interesting imo.

Unlikely.

Anything is possible but I tend to doubt it. As @pooriggy points out, they are always putting new stuff in there. For me, the actual trails in 2020 were not as enjoyable as in years past but they're still worth the 6 hour drive and in 4 years from now I tend to believe it will be as good or better than it was in 2019. I believe they added 6 miles this year - something like that. And this is in a year with far fewer people, far less revenue. In 2021 I expect the same or more.

It's a transition and if those old trails get reopened, then bonus. But I think that ship has sailed and it subsequently sank. It's gone.

Can you post some deets; I would like to support GMT.
go to GoFundMe.com and type in Trail Signs For GMT . Organizer's name is Cathy Cappetta. Another way to go is; VMBA - Vermont Mountain Bike Association and donate to the the RASTA chapter , which GMT is under.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom