Kingdom Trails Sadness

goodvibe

There are a ton of trials (including some of the best ones) that will be off limits to Mountain bikes at Kingdom. Some of the best trails will be closed. The internet says it affects all the trails in the areas below. This sucks.

https://www.kingdomtrails.org/darling-hill-update

1576541460128.png

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I just had a GD heart attack when I saw this post at the top.

No joke, I thought it was going to be a cut/paste of their website announcement "It's with a sad heart that due to our financial difficulties, Kingdom trails will be closing and being turned into a parking lot".

Or something along those lines...

NJ Gator

What is the consensus? With all those trails closed is Kingdom worth it? I am curious on Kingdom specifically- other area is the state have some great stuff

johnbryanpeters

What is the consensus? With all those trails closed is Kingdom worth it? I am curious on Kingdom specifically- other area is the state have some great stuff
Yes, based on total miles of trail directly available. If I wanted more tech as opposed to flow I'd head for Rothrock in Pennsylvania.

DargSide

It looks like they've added a lot more in the non-darling hill area, but north conway nh is where i'm more likely to go next if i'm driving 6 hours (haven't been to noco yet, but at the top of my list)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It looks like they've added a lot more in the non-darling hill area, but north conway nh is where i'm more likely to go next if i'm driving 6 hours (haven't been to noco yet, but at the top of my list)

Just went there. It’s good but almost the total opposite of KT in every respect. I’m not sure it’s worth the 6 hour drive if you’re only going for the trails. We enjoyed it but it’s still a developing trail network.

goodvibe

IT is 100% worth it. I was just there a couple of weeks ago and the trails that are new are just as good as the few that are closed. I rode four days, each day in a different section of the network. I also stayed up at Burke Mountain Hotel and rode down each day and my wife picked up in town at the end of my ride each day.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
IT is 100% worth it. I was just there a couple of weeks ago and the trails that are new are just as good as the few that are closed. I rode four days, each day in a different section of the network. I also stayed up at Burke Mountain Hotel and rode down each day and my wife picked up in town at the end of my ride each day.

Was it crowded? Empty? Were all the restaurants/shops open?

Between people not travelling for Covid, closed trails, etc I'm wondering if it's dead.

merritt

North Conway NH is pretty incredible but it's one of those areas that didn't want outsiders knowing all the local trails.
It seems to be a lot of publicity lately though.
I've been riding there for 20yrs but didn't ride the good stuff until i started riding with locals.
Almost no signs, trailheads or parking lots.
Jeff Lenosky has a good video from the area.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I should have saved my hand written directions to KT, they would fetch a small fortune in auction.
Maybe @rottin' could dig out some old journal entries from previous KT trips.

Someone buy me the 3 Ts signs for a Christmas present. As a consolation I'll take a pair of Ts.

Top Bottom