Killer Sidewalk Sale.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If anyone goes to this, please make sure you tell the store manager Marc that you heard about it through MTBNJ.com. Marc isn't a believer.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'm heading down "south" to look at some property today. if it's ANYWHERE near there, i'm going and releasing my children on that place. marc will never forget that. :D

J-Dro

If anyone goes to this, please make sure you tell the store manager Marc that you heard about it through MTBNJ.com. Marc isn't a believer.

Marc also isn't a bike rider. However, I digress...

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
Well if you guys have anything to say to Marc, (I know Norm has tried through the internet and phone, and I've tried too), he'll be here Sunday (tomorrow). I'm the only guy here today, so feel free to say hi :)

The weather is beautiful out, but the clothing is selling quick.

We also have golf clubs, fishing stuff, hunting stuff, normal clothing... the whole nine yards.

Hope to see you there!

Mr_T

First I want to say I have been shopping at Efinger Sporting Goods for about 30 years and believe it is the best sporting goods store in the area. I stopped over today at about 12:00, and I have to say there is not all that much to look at and was not worth the 20min drive I took over there. There were about 4 bikes or so outside, no bike apparel or tools to be seen. If you happen to pass by give it a look for yourself; if you plan to make a special trip I say save your gas.

Regards,

MArc

Purple Liquid

Shop Keep
First I want to say I have been shopping at Efinger Sporting Goods for about 30 years and believe it is the best sporting goods store in the area. I stopped over today at about 12:00, and I have to say there is not all that much to look at and was not worth the 20min drive I took over there. There were about 4 bikes or so outside, no bike apparel or tools to be seen. If you happen to pass by give it a look for yourself; if you plan to make a special trip I say save your gas.

Regards,

MArc

We have a Schwinn Chopper and a few Specialized kicking around. Stop by to check out for yourself what we have left :)

There are no tools, and there is an entire rack of apparel in front of the register... so you might have missed it. The shoes and helmets are on the tables.

Check back tomorrow!

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I stopped by today and spoke with Marc for a good while. He seems like a good guy to me, and he is very supportive of the biking comunity. He said that in the 3 years since Efingers put in the shop it has done nothing but grow. By the time I got there a lot of the stuff (except for jerseys) was already gone. I still ended up spending some cash there anyway. I always do. They do have a lot of cool stuff if you are into bikes,camping, hunting, fishing, and most sports.

MTB Aussie

I stopped by this morning before it was open and the girl at the register claimed there would be bike stuff when I asked, it just wasnt out yet. I was just riding by so it wasn't a special trip.

Purple Liquid

Shop Keep
Yup there still is 'bike stuff' :D

As of now we have some basic-entry hardtails outside, a chopper, clothing, shoes, 2 helmets, a Kona Sultra and Kona Coiler!

Remember, everything outside is AT LEAST 40% OFF!

Oh and, Marc is there incase anyone feels the urge to say something :D

Beautiful weather today too!

cfrone1

Shop: Pops Bike Shop
Shop Keep
Sidewalk sale clarifiction....

Hey all,

First off, I love James enthusiasm. The guy is high energy!

But....to clarify.....not EVERYTHING outside is at least 40% off. The clothing is mostly, if not all, 50% off. There are shoes marked down, etc as well. There are some bikes that are marked down anywhere from 10% to 35%, with the chopper marked down 50%. I put out the Kona Coiler, Kna Jake 2-4 (if anyone needs a cyclecross/road bike for the young-uns out there), Hardrock XC hardtails, etc. We added some stuff to the clothing rack this morning, and there is still a good selection of jerseys, mens and womens last time I checked. I also have some specials running inside, but things that I can't put outside (like tools, saddles, etc) because last time that sort of stuff walked.

I had the pleasure of speaking with Brian yesterday, and appreciated his ideas and suggestions. While I am planning on doing more with JORBA and MTBNJ, it has been a crazy year, with many distractions, and I just didn't have enough time to dedicate to it to do it right. But, hey, that is what the "off season" is for, and we will work hard to get these projects addressed and taken care of. Hopefully, what we have managed to do so far, has been helpful.

For Mr. T, sorry we did not have more out to meet your needs. As James said, the clothing rack was outside all day, you may have missed it. We will do a better job in the future to make it more noticable, and do more signage directing people inside for other items. Good points, thanks for letting us know.

As for mtbdawgjeff, you're slightly right, in the I do not ride AS MUCH as I would like. There are many reasons, none of which I want to go into, and none of which you care about I am sure. I am not sure what that has to do with a sidewalk sale or supporting MTBNJ, but I guess you were just digressing....

Thanks all, I hope to see ya soon...

Marc C.

Yup there still is 'bike stuff' :D

As of now we have some basic-entry hardtails outside, a chopper, clothing, shoes, 2 helmets, a Kona Sultra and Kona Coiler!

Remember, everything outside is AT LEAST 40% OFF!

Oh and, Marc is there incase anyone feels the urge to say something :D

Beautiful weather today too!

Last edited:
Top Bottom