Jungle Habitat Conditions

tmcmtb

That's good news and thank you, work is appreciated, I figured the local parks would've wound up looking like a warzone.

Robin

thank you for clearing the trails - I noted on TrailForks but there is a large tree across Hippo near the Fish intersection. Will need chainsaw.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Really good today. Was totally clear except for 1 small chest-height tree on the way up Dump Truck but someone in our group had a folding saw and took care of it.

The Kalmyk

attention holders of the Jungle Habitat crystal ball!

Would it be jerk move to ride here on Thursday afternoon considering today’s weather?

Ty

Bleeder

JORBA:President
This is a great feature that I never knew about!
However, places like Allaire and Round Valley are grayed-out and I know those are wet weather friendly.
Yes, Trailforks is a crowdsourced project and not everyone is comfortable with using it, hence we have lots of gaps. I believe anyone can edit the trails (changes will need to be approved) and check off wet weather friendly. I'm hoping more people do so. This way rather than harping on folks not to ride muddy trails we can point them to a simple alternative.

JPark

Yes, Trailforks is a crowdsourced project and not everyone is comfortable with using it, hence we have lots of gaps. I believe anyone can edit the trails (changes will need to be approved) and check off wet weather friendly. I'm hoping more people do so. This way rather than harping on folks not to ride muddy trails we can point them to a simple alternative.
I guess my next question is, what would be the definition of wet weather friendly?
Obviously a place like Allaire that is dry the day after a monsoon but what about trails that dry out a day or two later?

Bleeder

JORBA:President
I guess my next question is, what would be the definition of wet weather friendly?
Obviously a place like Allaire that is dry the day after a monsoon but what about trails that dry out a day or two later?
Bit of a judgement call, I tend to think if you can ride it wet without making ruts, you're good. Pretty much any wood road. Rocky trails (didn't say it had to be easy). So mark it wet friendly, if not somebody will come along and correct it, that's the beauty of crowdsource.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions