july 4th mahlon + 20+ miles

I think you are spot on with the 30 pound guess. I just put mine on the digital bathroom scale, and after $1000 plus in upgrades, it said 24 pounds even. I dont know how accurate it is to weigh a bike on a bathroom scale, or even if it is possible to drop 6 pounds off a bike, so take it for what its worth.

wow, 30lbs? actually, i guess that's not too bad. i need to look at those a little more.

anyone wanna let me demo/borrow theirs for the Lewis Morris race? :D

here's some of the pics from the ride.

721074798_a5807a6e86.jpg

721074860_1ceac1a8de.jpg

721074942_de111252a3.jpg

720474803_3508b7f246.jpg

720474985_f4227f0a8b.jpg

720475043_00a152f7fc.jpg

that was easily the most technical stuff i've every ridden on a rigid SS...and definitely the most fun i've had.

i was amazed (and VERY surprised) at how good i felt on the mary. for this really rocky stuff the 29er, for lack of a better description, "bridges the gaps" between a lot of the rocks in the gardens. something that not a lot of folks have mentioned in their comparisons between the two wheel sizes but something i really noticed it yesterday. it just added more fuel to my 29er hardtale theory.

thanks again for sherpa-ing sean. despite feeling like i was tracking a crazyed yeti through the woods i had a blast. i'm pretty sure i'll do that loop again but add on the other less painful side of MD as well.

that was easily the most technical stuff i've every ridden on a rigid SS...and definitely the most fun i've had.

Maybe thats because you weren't stressing out over your average speed, elevation gain, or the upcoming race. You were just having fun with some friends in the woods.:cool:

i was amazed (and VERY surprised) at how good i felt on the mary. for this really rocky stuff the 29er, for lack of a better description, "bridges the gaps" between a lot of the rocks in the gardens. something that not a lot of folks have mentioned in their comparisons between the two wheel sizes but something i really noticed it yesterday.

That's supposed to be the main bonus of a 29er. Basically I consider the 29er to be the same as lowering your speed barrier. That's why fast guys could care less about what size bike they ride because they're over the speed barrier anyway.

I know the 29 will do more than i can handle right now.It just wants to GO.Phil is from an old group i rode w/ and mixing him in w/ the new Seanstyle was a real learning experience.The guy is good and even w/ full sus he was getting the s#$t kicked outta him on the 26.He didn't stand a chance.Unless you are too short, 29 is mandatory.....................

Back
Top Bottom