JORBAFest Schedule

I will be returning from Diablo Sat mid-day, if I stop by and say hi, will there be any icy cold beverages? Can i bring some?

Where to go...

When you approach Mooch North from Waterloo, where do you enter? If you enter through BSA you avoid the major mountains going in. That could be good.

It is not a good idea to enter from the BSC. It is private property and officially off limits. We do have permission to take group rides thru the Camp for the Fest, but not individual just roaming about.

To get to the trails in the north section you would head back down waterloo road to the Sussex Brank Parking lot and enter from there. There are maps typically at the kisok there or you can go to www.JORBA.org and look under the Allamuchy Chapter for maps you can print out.

Look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!!!

Personally speaking, the three levels of rides is kind of a turn off and pretty much why i don't ride in groups. It is just a personal preference of not wanting to feel rushed or feel like i'm holding others back. I know my GF feels the same about the female rides.

Would one be frowned upon for not wanting to conform to the three levels and talking a few other people into a different ride?

Last edited:
I think i will join in on the intermediate ride at Stephens seeing as i haven't ridden there and would like to see my way around. But i'm not finding a ride description from above where i fit in. I like technical terrain, but don't ride fast and depending on the way into the park need to take some rests. I'm working on my fitness level but i'm quite a ways from being able to climb the purple from tranquility without a few stops.

I know it is hard to cater these rides to everyone, so please don't think i'm criticizing. Just discussing an idea.

I want to ride Mooch North but i'll avoid the posted advanced rides as i don't want to hold anybody up. I don't want to do anything too official but i think i will head into Mooch for more techy and slower pace. I know my way around pretty well, but have never approached the park from Waterloo. So if anyone is interested in that sort of pace i wouldn't mind riding with them. Or we could start out with the Advanced group and if too slow split off, that could be a good idea.

I would also imagine there are going to be a lot of people that aren't on this site and have no idea what advanced mountain biking is. One parks advanced trails are another parks beginner trails. I imagine Mooch would come as a shock to those that only ride and have mastered Six Mile.

When you approach Mooch North from Waterloo, where do you enter? If you enter through BSA you avoid the major mountains going in. That could be good.

The problem with riding the Northern section of Allamuchy is that it takes a while to get there from the festival, take a while to get back and it takes a while to get 10 miles in on that techy stuff. So, you could end up with a 4 hour ride and you potentially end up missing a bunch of the festival (unless you start earlier in the morning.)

The intermediate ride in Stephens State Park will be lead by our very own Steve Filipponi (Stratocaster, aka Steve-squatch) and it will be similar to the massive MTBNJ ride he hosted in August. That ride got rave reviews: http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6660

You're probably right Joe. I'm being optimistic about riding twice i guess.

My main focus for going will be to meet some like minded riders. Just wondering if wandering is a problem.

You're probably right Joe. I'm being optimistic about riding twice i guess.

My main focus for going will be to meet some like minded riders. Just wondering if wandering is a problem.

There is no problem if people want to wander and enjoy the parks. Just come on back after your ride and enjoy the atmosphere! :D

Rides..

As far as Stephens goes, there is a marked route for a self guided 4 mi ride with a 7 mile option. Just follow the arrows at the intersections.

The intermediate rides at Stephens will be approx 12 miles with some of the marked stuff and plenty of non-marked. Up the mountain down the mountain, turns, rocks, logs. Solid intermediate level rides that should be fun. Can't say much about the Deer Park rides, I'm working the Stephens State Park side. I hope my legs are up for it, they've been junk this weak.

Oh! And, lest I forget. Aaand, I can leave time at the end of the ride if you want to practice your endo's into the lake!

See ya'll there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom