JORBA Winter Jam

What are the trails like at the camp? I'm always looking for new places my son (10y) can ride with me.

They are pretty tame. A mix of singletrack and fire roads, mostly flat. Some roots and bridges, one short climb. You would do fine with a 10yo, just don't keep them up past bed time :)

Registered. Might be flying solo if I can't convince the wife to come out for a night away from the kids.... so if anyone from Northeast Jackson is looking for a commuting buddy....

They are pretty tame. A mix of singletrack and fire roads, mostly flat. Some roots and bridges, one short climb. You would do fine with a 10yo, just don't keep them up past bed time :)
Damn, my bed time is like 8:30. Not sure that I will make it until 11 either :D

Sadly I am out for this- was hoping to bring some homebrew, but it will have to wait til next time.
:sad faced emoji:

Is this still on if we get a big snowstorm? With alot of snow won't be able to ride on our skinny bikes :(
HTFU! I rode a rigid SS on 2.25's all year last winter, I even followed some @woody tracks in the great white north on my skinny tires!

As for weather - We will make a call mid week. if it is unsafe to hold the event, we will have to re-schedule or cancel depending on venue and permits.

HTFU! I rode a rigid SS on 2.25's all year last winter, I even followed some @woody tracks in the great white north on my skinny tires!

Registered but don't laugh at me if I can't ride for shit in deeper snow. I tried too last year and I pretty much just spun/slipped and ended up hiking

I am working with the promoter and camp staff now. At the latest we will make the call on thursday. If its snowpocalypse and unsafe to drive there we may try to re-schedule to combine with the fat-four race. How do you guys feel about that?

:like:

I just spoke to the key players. We will make the call tomorrow, because that is the "drop dead day" for our cook. As of right now we are on, but will re-sched to coincide with the fat-4 race (Feb 28th, same venue) to ensure everyone's safety if the current forecast holds true. Lots of snow and wind gusts to 50 isn't bike/beer/bonfire/bbq weather, and certainly isnt drive to JORBA Winter Jam weather.

*JORBA WINTER JAM RE-SCHEDULED*
After consulting with everyone involved, including the YMCA Camp Director, we have made the decision to postpone Winter Jam. Indications from the local OEM folks are that any current weather forecast scenario will adversely affect our planned festivities, and we are not willing to take a chance on your safe travel to and from the event.

Although we are bummed that Mother Nature hasn’t cooperated with us for this weekend, we feel that we have identified a perfect new date. We will hold Winter Jam directly following the Mayhem Fat Four Endurance Challenge on Sunday, February 28th. The race starts at 9 a.m., the Jam will begin at 12:30. Bikes, BBQ, Beer and Bonfire will all be on the agenda, and those who were asking for a daylight ride will much easier find it on the 28th.

We are very thankful that the camp was able to accommodate us with their busy winter schedule. If the new date does not work for anyone who has pre-registered, JORBA and Mayhem will take care of your fees. If you are not 100% satisfied, feel free to email ken@jorba.org to discuss.

Thank you for understanding, and please come out for the 4 B’s on the 28th after the race, come early and cheer on your fellow riders, or register for both! We are working on a package deal to make that last option way more appealing, so please stand by for details! If you are already registered for both, shoot us an email.

Thank you!

Ken Seebeck, JORBA Executive Director
Chris Schultz, Mayhem MTB Events

Back
Top Bottom