JORBA FEST 2009 Countdown

Patrolling a demo

I'll be there 9-5 patrolling and I'm really looking forward to demo-ing a 29. I'll need someone to volunteer with an injury so I can give the bike a realistic test. :p

Anyone going up Friday night or staying in the area Saturday night? Me, Emma, and Abigail are going to head up tomorrow night so that we can all sleep in a little bit longer and Abigail has a place to go if she needs a nap. This is also going to allow me to get more sleep Saturday night prior to the race. Just curious if anyone else will be in the area. Let me know maybe we'll go grab dinner Saturday night or something. We're staying at the Residence close to the concert field.

I'm hoping one of the committee members can help answer this question. I've been asked this by a handful of people about the fest. If you are volunteering at the Fest the most popular question I have received is do they need to sign in or what is the process they need to go through?

I'm hoping one of the committee members can help answer this question. I've been asked this by a handful of people about the fest. If you are volunteering at the Fest the most popular question I have received is do they need to sign in or what is the process they need to go through?

Yes, everyone will be asked to sign the JORBAfest waiver and get a wristband. We are doing that for insurance purposes. It is similar to the H2H race form. Just come up to the registration area and sign it -- it only takes a minute.

Like last year, everyone who wants to attend the festival has to sign the waiver and everyone will get a wristband. For those leading rides, everyone on the rides has to have a wristband.

AJ

Sorry to jix this, but what's the plan for rain? I live in the area and it looks like some heavy rain tomorrow into Saturday. Is the Allamuchy Chain Gang going to get us for messing up there trails?

Sorry to jix this, but what's the plan for rain? I live in the area and it looks like some heavy rain tomorrow into Saturday. Is the Allamuchy Chain Gang going to get us for messing up there trails?

We are looking into it now. The Weather.com forecast calls for rain on Friday and 60% chance of showers on Saturday. The Accuweather (NJ.com) forecast calls for rain on Friday and chance of "few showers" on Saturday.

The logisitics of moving it to Sunday is being worked out. There are several problems with that option including the fact that the Chain Stretcher race at Blue is scheduled for Sunday.

We'll keep everyone informed on the board. Please, stay tuned.

Hum, the Allmauchy Chain Gang...dont think the Chapter is officially called that anymore (Allamuchy Trail Users) and besides...they are part of JORBA! Think they are in on the decisions being made with the entire event??? Yeah...

We are looking into it now. The Weather.com forecast calls for rain on Friday and 60% chance of showers on Saturday. The Accuweather (NJ.com) forecast calls for rain on Friday and chance of "few showers" on Saturday.

The logisitics of moving it to Sunday is being worked out. There are several problems with that option including the fact that the Chain Stretcher race at Blue is scheduled for Sunday.

We'll keep everyone informed on the board. Please, stay tuned.

Thanks rain rain rain. This all this summer has been..

if it gets moved to Sunday, I could come!

With the type of weather we having been having, the weather forecast are useless. Over the past 3 days the forcast said rain varying between 20 and 60%. In Lawrenceville it rain once for 5 min.

Will it be posted on the JORBA website if they decide to change? I've told a bunch of folks about it and would like to be able to tell them where to check before driving out on Sat. I personally hope it goes off on Sat. but will support either day.

Will it be posted on the JORBA website if they decide to change? I've told a bunch of folks about it and would like to be able to tell them where to check before driving out on Sat. I personally hope it goes off on Sat. but will support either day.

Yes, we will post it on the JORBA site and everywhere we can. As of right now, we are leaning on keeping it on Saturday. On the weather channel site, the "chance of showers" is diminishing as the day is going along. Also, a few of our sponsors might have issues with Sunday. We want to make sure our great sponsors can fully participate in the festival.

This was the same forecast as last year -- nothing is easy, is it? :)

Joe

if it gets moved to Sunday, I could come!
Yeaaaa right. Sooo you're actually gonna drive an hour to ride somewhere ;):p

This is just me. How many of us are actually racing sunday out of the hundreds of ppl going to the fest? I plan to ride at the fest no matter what and have a good time with all my cycling buddies with no thoughts about a suffering racing. This event is once a year and we need to show continuing support for it to last a lifetime. That means more success for skills parks everywhere :D But that's just me. :)

Back
Top Bottom