JORBA Chapter for Six Mile Run. Update.

Wobbegong

I wanted to give everyone an update on what's been happening regarding the start of a JORBA chapter for Six Mile Run.

Last Sunday, I had the honor of giving Jeff "Mergs" Mergler (Exec. Director of JORBA) and Frank "gt2brew" Harms (V.P. of Jorba) a tour of the park. This was Frank's second ride at the park and Jeff's first. They both really enjoyed riding the park and were quite pleased with how the trails are laid out. They feel the park is worthy of having a JORBA chapter, which is good news for the future of mountain biking in the park.

On Friday, Jeff and Jason "Jdog" Fenton met with Stephanie Fox, the D&R Canal State Park Naturalist. The park is excited about having us as a trail steward at 6 Mile Run. It looks like we are going to be able to develop a nice friendship with the park system and be a major force in the development and maintenance of the trail system in Six Mile Run. This means more singletrack!

Now we need to collect a database of names for trail maintenance. Anyone who rides at Six Mile Run who would like to be a part of giving back to the trails, please Private Message me your contact info (Name, e-mail, address) so we can keep everyone informed for future events.

Jdog and I will be contact points for the chapter. We will keep you posted!!

Sweet, Jdog already has my info I think, but I will send it along again. Great work guys!!!

Jdog and I will be contact points for the chapter. We will keep you posted!![/QUOTE]

Did they do a complete background check on Jdog before giving him this position? :D

Jdog and I will be contact points for the chapter. We will keep you posted!!

Did they do a complete background check on Jdog before giving him this position? :D[/QUOTE]

I didn't inhale.. and she said she was 18..

Just kidding.

I put a lot of work into this. I am excited to see this place become a legit mt bike destination for NJ.

It will never be Moab but it is really fun.

peas

j-

These guys are proud of the park and will take great care of it. Now it's up to the riding community to back Jason and Jdog, but I am sure there will be no problem there. :)

I am really jazzed up about these guys and the park. I was really impressed with them both... they're smart, have great ideas, good with people and are eager as all hell to improve this park. Another great addition to the family in a year with a bunch of great new additions.

Local riders, please give these guys all your support. Although the park Super and Naturalist are 100% supportive, Jason and Jason have to get a feel for the park and how "things work"... so please be patient with them as they ramp up to chapter status and help them achieve great things for 6MR.

carrots,
mergs

p.s. Actually JDog failed his background check, and that's why he got the job. (You think Kirt, Sean, Weber and Ryan passed their background checks?)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions