Jonathan woods

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
For those of you who frequently ride here, you may want to participate in this trail day.
@bill-now
@seanrunnette
@UtahJoe
@JRP581

From POWWW:

Fwd: Rid Litter Day Trail Work, Sat April 14th 8:30-12 meeting at CLCC

We have lots of work to do on the trails after the storms this year.
Bagels and coffee + tee shirts, meeting at Cedar Lake Club , before hitting the trails.
Even if you can only help for an hour or two, come on out.

email mrflorance at aol dot com

Thanks, Jim

Last edited:

trailhead

JORBA.ORG
excerpts from MCPC meeting minutes:

May 2018
Receiving a Jonathans Woods Trail Assessment report prepared by Superintendent of Natural Resources and reviewing recommendations, including; reblazing the entire trail system with painted blazes, close unnecessary trails, improve definition of trail routes, standardize trailhead directories, reinstall park boundary signs, address rerouting of some trails that are in wet areas, and install footbridges a t key locations. Staff will set up a meeting to review and discuss proposed improvements and better coordinate future trail activities at the park. The outcome of these changes will be a MCPC Trail Map.

September 2018

Jonathans Woods

Agreeing with staff’s recommendations based on field observations from the Natural Resources staff, to close, re-routing, re-blazing trails based on mapping that was reviewed with the Committee.

Recommending that staff coordinate with NJ Fish & Wildlife to obtain a
Management Agreement for the yellow and green trails that cross through state owned property.

Assess feasibility of providing a trailhead on west side of Boy Scout Campcontiguous with the park.

Provide for appropriate trail connectivity to the Hogs Pen area

Reporting that staff met with POWWW to review
proposed changes/improvements to the trails.

Last edited:

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just realized I forgot to post about this. I cut through Jonathan's Woods on Saturday, and some work has been done. The rogue re-route on red has been adopted and blazed, and the old section of red that was always a river has been closed! Cathedral Pines has been blazed light blue, and the connector to green has been closed. This was that small section that was always wet and had those random couple of bridges. They also blazed the gravel road white. I noticed when I was on Cathedral Pines that the blue blazes indicated a right turn at the end where I ducked out to Old Beach Glen Rd, but I didn't have time to explore. I assume that's the old section that got pummeled by the hurricane, not sure if they cleaned it up or plan to clean it up. There was still a tree down right at the start.

@UtahJoe @graveyardman67 @notcho @trailhead @extremedave

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cool. I saw the swamp trail was closed, kinda a mess anyway. The red reroute is overdue, a bit chunky but fun to play on.

notcho

Noticed the new/old red single track Sunday. Also notice some tape for what might be a new trail off the gravel road but closer to the ford road side. Not sure where it would go.

trailhead

JORBA.ORG
POWWW is looking for volunteers to help build a new trail in Jonathan’s Woods and help with maintenance on existing trails. Bring gloves, hiking boots, water, and a snack.

When: Sept. 28th 9-12 am / Rain date: Oct. 5th 9-12 am
Meet: Jonathan’s Woods Parking Lot on Old Beach Glen Rd. Rockaway, NJ
Questions: Call Jim Florance (973).......769.......5035

@Ashcor
@bill-now
@JRP581

Last edited:

bill-now

Doomed
POWWW is looking for volunteers to help build a new trail in Jonathan’s Woods and help with maintenance on existing trails. Bring gloves, hiking boots, water, and a snack.

When: Sept. 28th 9-12 am / Rain date: Oct. 5th 9-12 am
Meet: Jonathan’s Woods Parking Lot on Old Beach Glen Rd. Rockaway, NJ
Questions: Call Jim Florance (973).......769.......5035

@Ashcor
@bill-now
@JRP581
Well,
My son and I showed up at 9 AM; the parking lot was empty. After some head scratching we noticed the date had been changed on the bulletin board to tomorrow, the 29th. Can't make that one due to previous commitments

Top Bottom