Jonathan Woods

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The bridges in place:
image.jpeg

@trailhead aka Swamp Logger:
image.jpeg

Norm is standing where the main bridge went. You can see the rock foundations on both sides. @notcho had a bunch more pictures but he smashed his face on a rock during the post TM ride so they might not be uploaded for a while :p

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The orange trail in Jonathan's Woods has been re-routed so that it dumps you out right by the newly blazed orange trail on the other side of Old Beach Glen Rd heading to the new bridge and Meriden Rd. If you are coming from red toward Old Beach Glen Rd, it makes a right turn near the big blow down that has a re-route around it to the left. Coming from the other direction it's a bit hard to see from the road, but if you come out of the newer orange trail it's a little bit to the right on the other side of the road. You can see it here, but you don't really need the GPS to find it:

https://www.strava.com/activities/620638267

notcho

doing any more working on this?
I believe @trailhead began work on the connector across meridian road from the blue beach glen trail that leads to the bridge. A small bridge is needed to cross a stream and some wet sections. Bikes should be walked across stream/swamp to avoid any damage until it's put in.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
I have started work on the connector trail from BGT east to Four Birds- Hawkwatch. It is going to be real rugged, mainly to be used by hikers, though it will be a quick way down from the hawkwatch by bike if needed.

Reactions: GSS

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good times. Bridge is a bit wobbly but still does the trick. Water level is probably much higher than they ever anticipated tho.

Yeah, that area is much wetter now than it was last summer, but it's at least passable, which is a huge plus. That bridge being there really opens up the route options and limits the road riding. It'd be nice if they had mentioned JORBA too, but any advertisement for trail work being done is still good.

I have started work on the connector trail from BGT east to Four Birds- Hawkwatch. It is going to be real rugged, mainly to be used by hikers, though it will be a quick way down from the hawkwatch by bike if needed.

Good stuff, Norm. Post up when you are planning to work if you want some help. @UtahJoe and I saw a new bridge and a short re-route of BGT near 0ne of the water crossings the other night.

Reactions: GSS

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
let me know if you need help

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is that what Steph and Monga were working on?

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
Yes, with the new trail in JW and bridge across Beaver Brook, a more direct route to the Hawkwatch is needed. This is a favor to the hiking community and provides more options for all. More work is needed, but when done, will be a very good challenge.

IMG956409.jpg

Last edited:

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yes, with the new trail in JW and bridge across Beaver Brook, a more direct route to the Hawkwatch is needed. This is a favor to the hiking community and provides more options for all. More work is needed, but when done, will be a very good challenge.

Good stuff Norm, any trail building that happens in Wildcat is good news. Speaking of that bridge, you or @graveyardman67 should do a quick drive by to make sure it's still up and in one piece. I saw two women trying to coax their horses onto it today riding down Meriden...

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The bridge is ok, rode past it after seeing you guys.

Hey Greg, this happened like 2-3 hours after we saw you guys. It's probably fine, but I might try to roll through there tonight.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions