Going Long and Hard.

After the ITI, anything I do would require quiting my job and getting a Divorce. Except Tour Divide or Trans Am. David has been begging me to do Trans Am with him. He registered this year but it was of course cancelled.
Hey! Checking in after a while, and I found this! I'm begging you to do the Tour Divide 2021! Not really with me but we can start together :) I know it seems "boring" by many measures, but it's not! It has a little bit of everything. No so much due to the terrain variation but due to the weather changes.

Hey! Checking in after a while, and I found this! I'm begging you to do the Tour Divide 2021! Not really with me but we can start together :) I know it seems "boring" by many measures, but it's not! It has a little bit of everything. No so much due to the terrain variation but due to the weather changes.

2021 is already booked up. My son is graduating in 2022, so 2023 would be the earliest. It's definitely on the list. Hopefully you know all the tricks by then. I watched the Documentary on last year's race and it looks phenomenal.

I'm training. With my feet.

20201129_110326.jpg

20201129_123530_resized.jpg

Question for the hive mind.

Let's say I wanted to hike the NJ portion of the AT in 2 days. Having never technically hiked, is that do-able? You guys have a pretty good idea of my fitness and tolerance levels along with my general disregard of standard procedures.

You'll be fine.

I'm using gear I already own so my kit may be heavy, but I think under 20 pounds for an overnight. Helium Bivy, bag liner, foam big agnes pad, micro stove, poofy outfit, trailshot filter, couple packs of oatmeal and spare socks? I'm ok with being cold if the temp drops. If it's this warm out I'd use my SOL bivy even.

20lb base weight is on the heavier side tbh but that's not terrible all things considered. If you need to borrow anything from my pack let me know:

What kinda shoes are you planning on using?

You'll be fine.

20lb base weight is on the heavier side tbh but that's not terrible all things considered. If you need to borrow anything from my pack let me know:

What kinda shoes are you planning on using?

I have some Under Armour hiking shoes but they might need to be replaced. My feet are sore from this morning. Could be just from being at Chimney Rock with all the little rolly rocks. I'll do some more test hikes to confirm.

My pack might be lighter. Everything except for my sleeping pad fits in my normal work bookbag. I bought a bag that's the same size but has straps everywhere to put layers and my pad.

Back
Top Bottom