Jersey Rocks Junior XC Race Series!

ok Team JPN is in!

registered today. looking forward to a fun afternoon!

couple of questions. should my wife and i bring our MTBs? will there be time to ride while the kids are racing, or should we be in full parental support mode?

Unrelated question for the camping weekend 8/22-24: what activities are there other than riding the trails? fishing? swimming? sport activities?

thanks again!

Thanks for registering! I would bring your mountain bikes but expect to be in full parental support mode during the race. After the race there will be some group rides for the kids and parents are welcome to tagalong.
I will be switching into Cranks Around the Campfire mode as soon as the race is over. There will be plenty of other activities to participate in cranks. We will have fishing, hiking, nature walks, swimming and some arts and crafts for the kids. We will offer parents multiple opportunities to go ride while the kids are participating in activities with our highly qualified staff.

Last edited:
thanks for the info

really want to do cranks this year. sounds like a great weekend so hopefully we will be there then too.

Just registered my daughter for the 9/10 girls class.

Did the start times change? I thought that race was about an hour later. I told a few people about the race and want to make sure they know the correct times.

Thanks, we can't wait! My 7 year old might race as well. She'll decide that morning right before we leave.

What an amazing day of racing! Day of registrations doubled the field to 50 young MTB racers! Thank you to all the parents who helped support our first race! The next race date will be announced soon. Expect some refinements and an opportunity to pre ride before the race date. Huge thank you to our sponsors Princeton Tec, Marty's Reliable Cycles, and Patriots Path Council Boy Scouts of America!

Thanks for hosting the race! Both of my girls had a great time. Even my younger one who wiped out near the end. My 9 year old really liked racing the upper loop.

uploadfromtaptalk1401716079156.jpg

My two had a great day taking the top step. Much fun was had by all and an awesome course.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401716095557.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401716095557.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 115
it was a great afternoon

Team JPN had a great afternoon at the race. thank you to everyone who put this together and was there!

Saw some biking friends and met some new folks - looking forward to cranks around the campfire in August - I want to do some night riding!

Working on getting results posted... I'd like to hold a planning meeting for Cranks Around the Campfire soon. Anyone who'd like to volunteer please PM me. I believe that with such a strong biking community in NJ we could work together to establish one of the best mt biking weekends in the country!

The course was great for the kids. A little climb, nice trails through the camp, a little descent to the lower course. I ended up running it with my 7 year old.

Next race, let the 9/10 girls run 2 laps like the boys. My 9 year old wanted a second lap to see if she could pick off a few more boys. :)

Back
Top Bottom