If you had to save one album in the world and throw away the rest...

The Kalmyk

My wife asked this question but I had no immediate response. She chose Harvest by Neil Young. I might but leaning towards The Last Waltz or Music From The Big Pink. For me these highlight both the start and end of my favorite group.

So I committed to listening to nothing but these two albums for a month and starring at a wall.

Last edited:
AC DC is such provincial music, I'd rather listen to one of Lukes billybadass bands...at least they are original and sing with real emotion. Nothing against you Mike, I just had to air my opionion on AC DC.

Listening to Heart of Gold by Neil Young never gets old for me.

Just one album? Thats tough, thats like saying you can only eat one food for the rest of your life...eventually you'll get sick of it.

This album has a 1978 feel, I liked that year. Holy shit, I just saw your post Shilling. SHATTERED SHATTERED

images

AC DC is such provincial music, I'd rather listen to one of Lukes billybadass bands...at least they are original and sing with real emotion. Nothing against you Mike, I just had to air my opionion on AC DC.

Listening to Heart of Gold by Neil Young never gets old for me.

Just one album? Thats tough, thats like saying you can only eat one food for the rest of your life...eventually you'll get sick of it.

This album has a 1978 feel, I liked that year. Holy shit, I just saw your post Shilling. SHATTERED SHATTERED

Some Girls! one of my faves. have it on vinyl, cassette, and cd!

----

gotta say, was just cleaning up the basement a bit - and i realized we missed one of the high notes of the 70s...

2015-02-26%2020.14.46.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxxVE2FGzFY

missed it cause you are too young..........lucky you!

Lmfao. That's Rock and Roll. Has the producer hung himself yet or ripped his face off?

Edit: Comments disabled!!!

Last edited:
took a bit - there are alot.

Kansas - Leftoverture

20140309020039!Kansas_-_Leftoverture.jpg

"The Wall"

I'm woven in a fantasy, I can't believe the things I see
The path that I have chosen now has led me to a wall
And with each passing day I feel a little
more like something dear was lost
It rises now before me, a dark and silent barrier between,
All I am, and all that I would ever want be
It's just a travesty, towering, marking
off the boundaries my spirit would erase

To pass beyond is what I seek, I fear that I may be too weak
And those are few who've seen it through to glimpse the other side,
The promised land is waiting like a maiden that is soon to be a bride
The moment is a masterpiece, the weight of indecision's in the air
It's standing there, the symbol and the sum of all that's me
It's just a travesty, towering, blocking out the light and blinding me
I want to see

Gold and diamonds cast a spell, it's not for me I know it well
The treasures that I seek are waiting on the other side
There's more that I can measure in the treasure of the love that I can find
And though it's always been with me, I must tear down the Wall and let it be
All I am, and all that I was ever meant to be, in harmony
Shining true and smiling back at all who wait to cross
THERE IS NO LOSS

I can't agree to listen to only 1 album forever. Jane's Addiction, Nothing Shocking. But after 1000 times I'm sure I would hate it.

Abbey Road is the best album cover ever. Where the Beatles that good or was everyone else just a few steps behind?

I can't agree to listen to only 1 album forever. Jane's Addiction, Nothing Shocking. But after 1000 times I'm sure I would hate it.

What if you listened to the album once a month? I mean, what is there 7 billion people occupying space right now. I'm sure the idea of listening to music once a month could be true.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom