I was robbed :(

what area do you live so people know where to focus? When I was about 8-9 my bike was stolen from our patio on my BIRTHDAY and my dad and uncle and friend heard them and drove around and spotted them. They yelled at the kids or something and freaked the kids out and they dropped the bike and ran. That same same bike was stolen again exactly one year later on my birthday again, never to be seen again. True Story! It was a yellow and black bike and I still miss it 25 years later. Good Luck finding those scumbags.

Very sorry to hear of your loss, i have two bikes stolen from my hands when i was 12 and 14 while living in brooklyn, i have walked away from both incidents with no injuries so as sad as it sounds i was glad the bike was all i lost. The feeling of being robbed happens to me quite often as i am in the construction business and tools seem to always walk off sites, no matter how many times it happens the feeling is always the same.
Unfortunatelly America is way to leanient in it's laws and enforcing them in my opinion, each thief once caught should have his hands broken in as many places as items he has stole, i belive that would change a thieves point of view very promptly.

Good luck and hope your belongings find their way home and the thief finds his way back to the jail house. Will keep my eyes peeled.

what area do you live so people know where to focus? . Good Luck finding those scumbags.

We live in mendham, but it's not a mansion with a maid, more like a ranch, and I'm the maid.;)
My son and I usually ride Patriots to LM, if we ride together. The day his bike was stolen, my bike was in my car with me.
I just want to say to everyone that the support and generosity on the site has really helped my son and I...
Thank you so much to everyone!

What about placing an add in craigslist list wanted with the detail or part of the bikes list.

Just an idea..

After all the emails i have seen about this bike, I feel bad for anyone else with the same bike. They might get a punch in the eye just for riding it.

Seriously though I will help you guys out with a replacement at a very reasonable rate. I have had a few bikes stolen from me over the years and there is no worse feeling.

keeping my eye out

I will keep my eye out if and when I am up at Round Valley Reservoir as well as at Chimney Rock & Washington Valley Park. You never know, the perpetrator could try to go mountain biking. I had my bike stolen 10 years ago but had it registered with the National Bicycle Registry. If you do find it or with his next bike think about registering it. They found my bike and called the number, I had it back within a couple days.
http://www.nationalbikeregistry.com/

Hope it turns up!

What about placing an add in craigslist list wanted with the detail or part of the bikes list.

Just an idea..

I did place an add on craigslist, a general one, for a Santa Cruz super light, did not want to be too obvious, it's my first time fighting crime up close and personal, guess I should consider myself fortunate, for that.

'jdog', this thought did cross my mind also, and I would not want anyone to get hurt over this bike, that would not be worth it, rather just call the police, and let them handle it.

btw... good suggestion "pauliewrenchhands', I have a feeling, that anyone who has read any of the stories on this thread will be registering tonight ;)
Once again, thank you to everyone for all the effort and support!

I just dug out a photo of what it looked like when I had the frame.

Been quiet...no news...:(

Attachments

• kittbluecruz.jpg
    kittbluecruz.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 184
If the perp gets caught and convicted, the mug shot will make a great avatar... Keep us posted!

Thank you....just got off the phone with the police...they say,..." they have a lead"

Thats great! Keep us posted.

I have some parts kicking around if you need a quick build. 29er wheelset and fork....some brakes...

I wish for whoever swiped this bike from you has the worst of everything happen to them...... what a scumbag. :mad:

welp...the police lead was a dead end. So.... I agree with johnee, bike thievery is scumbagville.

As far as for what my son is riding these days, it's back on the ol'dinoblackdiamond:eek:...I keep telling him it will build character;)

HUGE THANKS :) to all for the support!!!

Back
Top Bottom