now it's done with pure balls
QLmS57k.jpg

lemon squeezer
i-gzp4Vvn-XL.jpg

i-z3pXSKt-X2.jpg

i-SRhVwmx-XL.jpg

i-B3QP46q-XL.jpg

view from the top.
Trapps cliff and behind that you can kinda see the Millbrook cliff. We are now on top of the Skytop cliff
i-nn5zTRr-X2.jpg
i-SN7qmx3-X2.jpg

The tower on the top was closed. When I visited over the winter it was open. Odd. They did just restore it though, hmm.

Mountain house from above a bit
i-55dzs36-1903x1070.jpg

forgot to take a picture of the epic burrito I had at the Mexican Kitchen in town :)

Pretty sick stuff.

As a kid my family would camp up and down the east coast. We were somewhere that we did a trail where you have to squeeze through tight spots and I specifically remember one you had to lay down and slide on your belly. Not sure where it was though.

Last edited:
Hmm. No laying on your belly but kinda close at the start of the labyrinth trail. It's obnoxious how much you have to pay the mountain house to park there where it starts so we walked in from the trapps. It's an extra 6 miles I think and you still have to pay unless you are a member.
But this entire day hike was on private property. I'm happy the land owners keep it open and keep everything really nice. And have bathrooms for the wife.

91mKd0A1wJL._SL1500_.jpg

I love this area. If hiking, going down past the Minnewaska area to Bonticou Crag is worthwhile, although the whole area is stunning. One day when I'm feeling spendy I plan to stay at the Mountain House. Then the parking is included. :D

I had a 1991 Galantvr4, just loved that vehicle back in the day(20g, frt mount, etc) . Now I have an Evo that i probably have to get rid of. Long live 4g63!!

sell me your evo :)
I've been daily driving a galant vr4 since 2000
just got it inspected today :)

you are welcome to buy it! i will be putting it up in the next few weeks. There is alot of work done to it, mainly road race type stuff. Gave up drag racing along time ago.

^well hung, at any angle.
Good times today. There is nothing better then a ride in the woods on a beautiful day with your buddies while everyone else is working.

Back
Top Bottom