*Hunting Dates*

yeah, the "sharp shooters" go in there. i haven't been to LM in awhile, but i'm sure the signs will be up there soon. i've seen some BIG bucks in there.

as for baiting, i know you can bait, but there is a specific distance from the bait that you are supposed to be. there are only a few critters in the state worth hunting with bacon, and one, the cyote isn't really worth hunting. my guess is that someone's poaching bears. yes, poaching. the season is one day and you'll know when it is b/c it'll be in every paper and the NYC news stations. i'd let the parks service know. the last thing any of us needs is a fawking wounded bear running around the woods.

thumbs up(their arses) to the morris county park commission for not posting ANYWHERE that today was youth shotgun day IN THE PARKS!!!! what the fluck?! they post well in advance that they will be having experienced and qualified hunters in the parks to manage the deer population in december, at every entrance to every park, but somehow forget that there will be kids(accompanied by adults) walking around with shotguns today? i'm definitely filing a complaint with them.

we saw them at KVSP today too. 2 kids and a dad walking around with a shotgun. we went past without any troubles, said our hellos, then about 3 minutes later. BLam Blam... Just not the best feeling when you here gun shots that close to you. Hey i am a gun owner my self and like to go shooting, but i would never do it in a park where other people are around. Go to a range where people around you also know what is going on.

well apparently, you need to bring them with you to buy a Playstation 3

have you seen the articles of what is going on? people are nuts

Kittatinny -- where were they? On the other side of Gooddale Road? There is hunting allowed in that section and there is a pond where the duck hunters go.

Mahlon -- that sucks! I was thinking of going there today -- I'm glad I rode in Allamuchy today! Not a gun in site.

Last edited:
I was at Allamuchy 3 weeks ago (or so) and there were a few guys walking down a trail carrying a gun. Seemed friendly enough...little bastard shot me in the ass!

-The Waco Kid

LM closed for hunting today. Showed up to ride this morning and the park was closed. Bummer.

I am not a hunter, but I think they have the right to use the parks, as do bikers, hikers, equestrians, etc. However, I do find it offensive when they do not clean up their shot gun shells from the trails.

However, I do find it offensive when they do not clean up their shot gun shells from the trails.

That goes for beer cans & liquor bottles, too. However, the worst is when they leave a gut pile on the trails. I ran into one of those in Allamuchy a couple of years ago. YUK!!!

Allamuchy Joe said:
However, I do find it offensive when they do not clean up their shot gun shells from the trails.

That goes for beer cans & liquor bottles, too. However, the worst is when they leave a gut pile on the trails. I ran into one of those in Allamuchy a couple of years ago. YUK!!!

you must have gotten there before the critters. those things are gone literally overnight.

Back
Top Bottom