How many of you ride solo and how often?

How often do you ride alone?

• Absolutely never ride alone

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • less than 25%

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • about half the time

Votes: 34 22.2%
  • more than 75%

Votes: 100 65.4%

• Total voters

JerseyPete

Between the posts of rattlesnakes and wild life, it brings up riding habits of solo or groups. I ride by myself well over 50% of the time. I know people that refuse to ride alone for different reasons. I know some will only ride alone if a ride is planned and others bail out. And there are some that just hate group rides and prefer the peace and pace of being out there with no one else. How many here ride alone and how often?

I always tell at least one person what I'm doing if I go out alone. If they don't hear from me in x amount of hours they know how to look for me :p
I'd rather go out with other humans, also just for the fun factor.

I always tell at least one person what I'm doing if I go out alone. If they don't hear from me in x amount of hours they know how to look for me :p
I'd rather go out with other humans, also just for the fun factor.

I typically only do that with night rides. I ride 4 parks on a regular basis and with nights, it is only Ramapo and my friends know my loops.

MTB alone...not very often...less than 25% for sure.

Road...mostly solo...but like Pearl, I always prefer company but I tend to keep strange hours and do alot of my riding during the day M-F.

98% of the time I ride alone, road or mtb.

Same here. I text my wife with the location of my car for MTB rides. That way someone knows my approximate location in case I get eaten by a bear while trying to drag my leg swollen with rattlesnake venom out of the wilderness.

almost always alone on mtb, but ride popular trails (most of the time) - there are two powerline routes near my house which are fun, and nobody bothers me.

wife use the live tracking feature of MMR, and also 'find my iphone' if i don't respond to a phone call.

Between the posts of rattlesnakes and wild life, it brings up riding habits of solo or groups. I ride by myself well over 50% of the time. I know people that refuse to ride alone for different reasons. I know some will only ride alone if a ride is planned and others bail out. And there are some that just hate group rides and prefer the peace and pace of being out there with no one else. How many here ride alone and how often?

Just make sure you keep your bike between you and the dangerous NJ wildlife and not the other way around. NJ wildlife is bs, they all run away. Where's that rattlesnake? I need a new belt.

I ride alone most of the time.Many friends and family say they want to ride but when I ask for a ride date and time they can't make it.It is too hot,too cold,windy, chance of rain ,almost dark ,my bike is in the shop.I gave up.I don't even ask any more.When I'm a roadie I'll ride with someone if we are going the same way.Or do the same if I meet somone on the trails.Actually I was thinking of joining one of those cycling clubs try out their rides.One does ride faster with a group or buddy.

road and mtb 90% solo. most times someone knows where I am going and I have my phone which has come in handy a few times with respect to mechanicals and injuries. I get an hour for lunch and usually go mid day or leave early. I have a biking buddy who works close to me and we get out together once or twice a month for a rail trail ride or a road ride. We rode from Newton to Blairstown on the rail trail a couple of weeks ago, had lunch and rode back - that was a great ride.

Some weekends we do some family bike rides. I did a couple of group rides at the jorba festivals and they were lots of fun, but it is tough with work and kids to get out to the jorba rides or other groups. I want to try to do the sat morn Marty's road ride before the winter sets in, but it seems like every saturday there is something else I need to do.

I always try to ride with someone just because its more fun. but I'll ride alone if I have to. riding alone in the dark sucks, i got lost last year on a night ride by myself. that really sucked

Weekday evenings are mostly alone, Sunday mornings are the fun social rides. I do usually text my wife an idea of where I'll be, which only recently occurred to me. Duh. Sometimes it's harder to get motivated to ride alone though.

Almost always alone. Used to be that I trained late at night on my own because I worked as a trainer after my regular job until about 9. I'd leave there and go ride in Philly for two or three hours. I don't train anyone anymore so I ride at a more decent hour now, but it's still usually alone. On the road, mostly alone but prefer group rides.

for the first few months I rode entirely alone. then after a while I managed to ride with people about half the time. its hard coordinating rides with my schedule and other peoples schedules.

i ride solo 95% of the time. Wife just got a road bike, so she's been riding with me some here and there lately...

I am not too concerned with riding solo...

Back
Top Bottom