How long do you hold onto your Five Ten Freerider Pros for?

CMGMTB

How long do you hold onto your Five Ten Freefrider Pros for once the rubber sole starts deteriorating? Tired of getting new ones, as I move my feet around a lot and it just tears up the sole.
IMG_8043.JPG

Replaced both of mine this year. One pair was 5+ years. The other pair was 3+ years.

I still ride these. I have managed to keep these around for quite a while. I have four pairs of 5.10s so I sorta rotate them in and out of the lineup.

IMG_6977.jpeg
IMG_6978.jpeg

I replace them once the pedal pins chew through enough of the sole that my foot starts sliding around, usually once every other season. Probably excessive but I like grip.

These are about ready...

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 8.52.21 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 8.52.33 PM.png

I replace them when the sole gets flexible and are longer super stiff. I feel that once the sole gets "soft" they're just another pair of sneakers.

Your foot placement must be really dialed in. My knees don’t allow the same position for a long time.
Sometimes doesn't feel like it when I'm riding, but apparently I'm very consistent with my foot placement. At least that's what the bottom of my shoes say.

I'm also only 42, so I have many years left for my knees to stop cooperating so nicely.

Back
Top Bottom