Horseshoe Scramble becomes CXMeur - 11/1/2014

Great race ladies and gents. Only things I'd change would be making sure to note what side the numbers go on at the reg table and painting a giant shark on the barriers next year so we can all jump the shark.

Great race ladies and gents. Only things I'd change would be making sure to note what side the numbers go on at the reg table and painting a giant shark on the barriers next year so we can all jump the shark.

My sign on the reg table must have gone MIA by your race. Sorry :(

I had a lot of fun out there today.I think my first CX race went well.I didnt slam to the ground and loved all the positive encouragement. I'm already searching for a CX bike.:getsome:

Skip and slide

Most excellent course, tunes and motivational encouragement.

Plodded through Cat4 40+ at a glacial pace but HRM showed 173 avg so that is as fast as she goes. Need to shed some tonnage to avoid DFL.

Will take action on that front as soon as the 165 pieces of Halloween candy is done

Many thanks to all....

Fun event. Only thing I would do different is have someone making french fries...for Mr AM.

Love this pic of Robin and she won.

15504264199_097b9b4d4b_b.jpg
[/url]DSCF3028 by Pooriggy, on Flickr[/IMG]

Mandi is hiding in here, nice job ladies.

DSCF3031 by Pooriggy, on Flickr

JP is fun to watch race CX.

15688216241_eb94e1ea1b_b.jpg
[/url]DSCF3038 by Pooriggy, on Flickr[/IMG]

Lance is goofy.

15690140425_58564d08ed_b.jpg
[/url]DSCF3040 by Pooriggy, on Flickr[/IMG]

JP in front of Spiller.

15070780013_38eb30954b_b.jpg
[/url]DSCF3045 by Pooriggy, on Flickr[/IMG]

But he could not make it stick, still the best action of the day I say. Wait, Robin had a really good battle with Lauren and won. She had the best womans race and JP had the best ments race. Congrats JP that was fun to watch. and how about dem trophies.

15688226651_06664508cc_b.jpg
[/url]DSCF3047 by Pooriggy, on Flickr[/IMG]

Kris continues to dominate in whatever she races. She won on JP's bike, NICE.

15504285639_930aa18695_b.jpg
[/url]DSCF3048 by Pooriggy, on Flickr[/IMG]

I loved this thing. Utah, can we do a restore on dis? The engine was in a paper bag on the passenger seat but I think between you and Luke you can get in running.

15690125225_a004877638_b.jpg
[/url]DSCF3010 by Pooriggy, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Good seeing everyone yesterday, it was fun to be apart of the scene. and feel free to take whatever pics you guys want. cheers:D

Thanks to my teammates and volunteer crew for making this race a blast. And many thanks to all the racers who showed their support for our event.

Iggy - great photo! I would have raised my arms up, but I'm not exactly coordinated and already spent enough time on the ground :D

Those leg warmers in the lost and found are mine. Anybody coming up to the Sussex CX race that can bring them by? Please let me know. Thanks again for a killer event. All that greasy off camber was fun!!!

We plan on being there. But I know you want to bring them. So maybe we can each bring 1.

Just wanted to give Kudos to the MTBNJ crew for an awesome race. Loved the course, especially the step up right by the awning, made for a great specatating spot.

The Hot Chocolate was simply amazing after the race too.

Thanks for a great day and I am already looking forward to the race next year.

I'm hoping Vic learns something from CXmeir. Like lawn sprinklers on the Marty's course for a few days before the race. :)

Thanks to Norm & the MTBNJ crew for putting this on. Also- thanks to all the volunteers who worked in crappy conditions to make it work.

Im not sure how you made the weather so perfect, but this was the crossiest race i have done since that really muddy HPCX a few years back.

No doubt this was my favorite course all year. i liked it way more than the Horseshoe place. Next time ill bring my legs.

BTW - The orange barriers were punitive. Too short to be to tall. Too tall to be normal. I was stumped.

So, Thanks again. One day my kids will sleep late and i will be able to pay it back by volunteering at a race.

-gv

Back
Top Bottom