Hop-or-Not: crowed sourced video coaching

I have a practice bunnyhop barrier if you want it. It's a tiny bit lower than a standard barrier and short enough to fit in a GTI hatch.

Subscribed

I feel with my front end height i cant do it over barriers but regular logs yes

It’s the second one, you really need to nail the setup for it, which it looks like you have. Seems you have to really muscle the second one if you lose too much speed.

View attachment 104818
View attachment 104819
Second picture totally
Looks like you are hitting either your front or rear wheel.

@Delish form looks spot on, can’t say much more

One thing that really helps is setting up a second barrier which doesn't sound like a big deal but getting the first barrier right at race speed is usually the easy part the second is either, goes smooth or oh shit this is going hurt moment. The main thing that keeps me from riding the barriers is 99% of the time is the spacing is too close to do them with enough speed for it to be faster then running, if you watch most of the euro races they space the barrier further apart. Also one thing I see a lot of is people forget is that hoping barriers when your at or above threshold towards the end of a race is a lot different and a lot harder.

I made these a few weeks ago so I could get better at hooping stuff on the cx bike. I have a hard time doing it and feel like I put way too much pressure on my back instead of pumping the bike. These have been pretty fool proof cause if you mess up you just knock the pipe off and it has a few heights to build up to uci. I stole this idea from IG, I think from Ellen.

FA4EA45D-CF41-4585-86BE-86CB21527979.jpeg

I don't like my bike.
Well, that's a problem.

I made these a few weeks ago so I could get better at hooping stuff on the cx bike. I have a hard time doing it and feel like I put way too much pressure on my back instead of pumping the bike. These have been pretty fool proof cause if you mess up you just knock the pipe off and it has a few heights to build up to uci. I stole this idea from IG, I think from Ellen.

View attachment 105003
That's a fucking awesome design. Is the base all glued together, or is it like one of those 3D puzzles where the pieces just slot together, because storage.

Well, that's a problem.

That's a fucking awesome design. Is the base all glued together, or is it like one of those 3D puzzles where the pieces just slot together, because storage.

Its all glued together so its a bit bulky. I made these out of lefotover OSB just to see if it worked. The next batch I make I am going to dowel spikes into the bottom so they stay stuck in the ground and don't bounce if you hit the pipe, and storing them is easier.

View attachment 105003

Nicely done.

Post up some vid’s of your hops. Let’s figure this all out together.

This thread inspired me today, so i went out on my local greenway trail and found a log that looked the right height, felt good about this, but then when i got home realized the log was only 12” y’all :(

This thread inspired me today, so i went out on my local greenway trail and found a log that looked the right height, felt good about this, but then when i got home realized the log was only 12” y’all :(

1. No MTBNJ kit.
  2. EO did it better.
  3. EO seemed to have bent arms mid hop, which looked like he was able to throw the bike forward with less/no rear wheel bop.

i think at this current height (read not acceptable height) its a speed thing for me. but man, covering another 4+ inches consistently is not going to be easy

Back
Top Bottom