high mountain blues?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I was up there with a group as well on Sunday morning. Everyone loves the place. The leaves are making it harder for a HMP noob to navigate.

Any of you guys drive that VW bus that was in the lot?
Myself and @liong71er rode our bikes to HM. I am sure very soon @chrisalecia will do the same.... no pressure :D

FYI... there are very nice ppl at HM who will blow those leaves off on the single tracks so come on back ya hear!
:thumbsup:

Zaskar

Myself and @liong71er rode our bikes to HM. I am sure very soon @chrisalecia will do the same.... no pressure :D

FYI... there are very nice ppl at HM who will blow those leaves off on the single tracks so come on back ya hear!
:thumbsup:

I'm not complaining (or being whiny)... Was leading the group towards Hawk and ended up going up Yellow. Missed two lefts somewhere and I kept saying "it's over there somewhere". Good times.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I'm not complaining (or being whiny)... Was leading the group towards Hawk and ended up going up Yellow. Missed two lefts somewhere and I kept saying "it's over there somewhere". Good times.
Yeah... the stuff at HM are not marked.
It took me 3 rides was to find circleswitch... I assume it will take 3 rides for me to find hawk as well. Lol

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I assume it will take 3 rides for me to find hawk as well. Lol

Nah, there are two huge rock piles marking the start of Hawk at the bottom. Just start climbing up the switchbacks from the bottom by the red trail (near where it exits to Reservoir Dr) and the water crossing, and it's on the left a little before the first major intersection you would come to at yellow. You can't miss it.

Zaskar

would the park mind blazes? I don't think I'd go there ever alone, would likely be coyote bait by night fall

It's really not that difficult, just misssed a turn. Really fun looping around there so minus that portion of yellow wall i wouldn't care what trail I was on.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
would the park mind blazes? I don't think I'd go there ever alone, would likely be coyote bait by night fall
If you follow the trail long enough, you usually end up meeting up with the color trail most of the time. From there as long as you have a map app, should be pretty easy to find your way back to the lot.

Next we hit HM... I'll let you go at it alone and if I dont see you at the lot by nightfall... I'll notify your next of kin lol jk :)

qclabrat

sorry didn't mean to imply I'd lay some down, I only rode there once and I would have easily gotten lost if not for a guide

liong71er

IMG_20161120_155223.jpg
IMG_20161120_155453.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions