Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

Karate Monkey

Given what I saw the other day, I would concur. The worst spots are also farthest from the trailheads, so by the time you realize how bad it is, it's already too late to do anything.

The claypit connector is totally f-ed, even considering the work they did last year.

AndyJ

Hartshorne was moist in some areas, but I wouldn't say it was very muddy. Everything was rideable. I didn't start my ride until after noon today, so it may have dried out somewhat by then. But yeah, really crowded. The Rocky Point lot was full with quite a few more cars parked along the road.

Last edited:

stilluf

Hartshorne was moist in some areas, but I wouldn't say it was very muddy. Everything was rideable. I didn't start my ride until after noon today, so it may have dried out somewhat by then. But yeah, really crowded. The Rocky Point lot was full with quite a few more cars parked along the road.
You didn't think rock point was muddy? Today was prob muddiest I've ridden it ( and wish I didn't)

AndyJ

You didn't think rock point was muddy? Today was prob muddiest I've ridden it ( and wish I didn't)
Nope, not by mid afternoon Saturday, and I’m the one usually being pessimistic about conditions :) But, that’s not surprising, given the sun, unusually warm temperature, stiff breeze, and Hartshorne being Hartshorne. I’m not saying it was perfect, but it had firmed up enough by then to be rideable IMO.

In any case, now’s the time to get out there before the mess arrives on Saturday. Although, it looks like we’re in for a cold streak next week, so that might make for some good frozen surface conditions.

Reactions: Tim

RickVaughn

my friend and i have never been but are interested in a tour this weekend. maybe 11am, 8 miles, 5.5mph pace. Don't really like riding new places without a guide

TimBay

my friend and i have never been but are interested in a tour this weekend. maybe 11am, 8 miles, 5.5mph pace. Don't really like riding new places without a guide
Wanna ride tomorrow? DM me. Thats around when I was planning to ride. Is closer to 10 miles ok with you? That's the rad loop

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions