Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

Conditions could not have been better for my first ride at huber woods. Allaire was a mess Sunday it was nice to see some good conditions.

Went to Hartshorne this morning and conditions were pretty good! Some of the turns were tacky and there 2 wet spots that I can remember. Should be good this weekend for those that are not going to Highbridge on Saturday.

Hi all,

I Will be spending some time in the Long Branch area this weekend, and was thinking about hitting up Hartsthorne for the first time. From some recent posts seems like the trails are in pretty good shape. Any advice as far as a route for a first timer (at Hartsthorne, not on a bike)? Also, out of curiosity, was Hartsthorne/Huber badly damaged from Sandy? I imagine plenty of trees came down if nothing else!

Thanks!

margo2280;459408 Any advice as far as a route for a first timer (at Hartsthorne said:
advise.....

if youre looking for a view - park in the upper lot and do Rocky Point (great views of the bay, Sea Bright, Navesink River, etc.). if u leave from the lower parking lot - doesnt really matter which way you go, trails are pretty much all the same. kinda hard to get lost. but bring a map and ask a passerby which way back to lot if you get lost.

damage....

yes, like all wooded areas there were trees down everywhere. many big trees blocking the trails for a long time after the storm. some are still down...with trail re-routes now go around them.

Huber Woods

Rode Huber yesterday, starting to get my speed vision down. any of you doing the ride tomorrow at 9?

Did a loop of both Harts and Huber today. Conditions were very good. The only soft stuff I really encountered was connecting trail between the Laurel Ridge Trail and Claypit Creek area. Have fun if you're heading out there tomorrow.

WOW!! Can't believe how well this place stays during winter...it was woth the drive there!! Get out there :getsome:

I'm planning to head there in the AM with my little dude. Its been a few weeks since I was there with him, last time I broke my frame. It was out of warranty, but Jamis sent me the parts to repair it. Frame is repaired, but I'm not using it yet since I had a spare.

Harts was in great shape today. I ran into the trail crew working various sections of rocky point, they were filling in the washed out bits of devil's elbow so it's still kinda soft from the fresh work. Please mind your skidding going down it until the fresh dirt gets packed down.
Huber was good too, the sand is getting loose in the usual spots there.

I rode everything at Hartshorne yesterday, and that place needed the rain pretty badly. It was dusty and loose.

hence my prediction that it will be fine by afternoon ;)

whatever rain we got when straight it into the ground. maybe the occasional puddle. maybe.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions