Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

went out yesterday around 130p... totally fine...good tackyness my friends...did the whole dang loop... fun... lots of peeps out there.

cheers!

Hartshorne was in pretty good shape yesterday, did not see any snow. I few soft spots, but very rideable.

Hit up Huber and part of Hartshorne this evening. Huber was fast, just a bunch of stick scraps on the trail(watch out for RD snags). Hart was pretty good too. Worst section by far was the Claypit connector, that one section after the boardwalk...was about 40m of just absolute slop, deep, wet, muddy. Needs to be addressed on an upcoming TM session...

Brian

Hit up Huber and part of Hartshorne this evening. Huber was fast, just a bunch of stick scraps on the trail(watch out for RD snags). Hart was pretty good too. Worst section by far was the Claypit connector, that one section after the boardwalk...was about 40m of just absolute slop, deep, wet, muddy. Needs to be addressed on an upcoming TM session...

Brian

This...hit up all of both parks and completely rideable and fun...got held up a number of times though because there was an organized trail run going on today so I pulled over about 12 times for the runners I came across. But the aid stations they had were great and offered up water:), and were packing up as I was finishing up Hart lap, so should be all gone by now.

Have at it!

Brian

Passed you as you were heading over to Huber. 1st time up to Hartshorne in a while for me. Great conditions. Trail seems to have healed well since last time I was there.

Passed you as you were heading over to Huber. 1st time up to Hartshorne in a while for me. Great conditions. Trail seems to have healed well since last time I was there.

saw/heard you honk at me as I was crossing the bridge going back to Huber, hopefully you saw the one arm wave:)...been snowing here the last couple hours so I imagine it is really slimy and slick in there now.

I rode from 1130a-2p.

snowing pretty much the whole time.

man, I love riding in the snow. it was really beautiful in there.

trails only started to get wet towards the end.

Did Hart/huber today. I take back anything I might have said about parks guys TM. The place is great, all major blowdowns removed and more being removed today. No reroutes were dumbed down. Great flow. Great job. Thanks! Also, did the nice connecting trail between the two parks for the first time. Barely any pavement now. Cool.

around 4:30 you? red cannondale flash

same time. saw only one other guy. didnt notice type of the bike but the guy was wearing a blue jacket. you?

I was riding a black/pink Haro Mary. wearing green flannel shirt, shorts, white helmet.

same time. saw only one other guy. didnt notice type of the bike but the guy was wearing a blue jacket. you?

I was riding a black/pink Haro Mary. wearing green flannel shirt, shorts, white helmet.

I was wearing a grayish jacket with a blue/white helmet.. Was my first time back on a bike since October. Have to regain my lungs!

I was wearing a grayish jacket with a blue/white helmet.. Was my first time back on a bike since October. Have to regain my lungs!
man, you aint kidding! that first ride of the season hurts!

I'm new to the area and did huber woods yesterday. I think I rode the whole place. I liked the fast sections, the uphills werent TERRIBLE but managable after a few times going. I used to ride 6 mile two years ago and now since living down here I've only started trail running and hiking at Hartshorne. My second time there i said, this would be a great place to ride, and then a rider came around the corner and ive been itching for nicer weather since. Does anyone here ride here in the middle of the week mid day or mornings?

man, you aint kidding! that first ride of the season hurts!

I'm new to the area and did huber woods yesterday. I think I rode the whole place. I liked the fast sections, the uphills werent TERRIBLE but managable after a few times going. I used to ride 6 mile two years ago and now since living down here I've only started trail running and hiking at Hartshorne. My second time there i said, this would be a great place to ride, and then a rider came around the corner and ive been itching for nicer weather since. Does anyone here ride here in the middle of the week mid day or mornings?

Mid-day/mid-week is where it is at. (eh JimV :popcorn:)

hartshorne is a far ride for you!

i'll drive somewhere "far" once a month to ride - hard to leave the area when the sourland ridge is the view out the front window...also have "created" some branchburg trails right out the door....

from the google+ review of hartshorne..
Rich Levy reviewed 2 weeks ago
Quality Excellent
Great paths of various levels of difficulty. Very woods setting it can be busy during the warmer months. I like to walk and jog the paths. Bikers can be a problem. Ymmv. Highly recommended!

he needs a visit.

i'll drive somewhere "far" once a month to ride - hard to leave the area when the sourland ridge is the view out the front window...also have "created" some branchburg trails right out the door....

i lived there for almost two years, always looked for trails in bburg but no luck. sourlands is where i first started trail running, never biked.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions