Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

RSAmerica

sunday and monday both very good- getting kinda dusty though, sandy spots still tight and not blown out yet. mud pit on rocky point needs some work. water collecting up high and trickling down to the pit in front of the bridge... i removed all the logs and made some trenches for the water to drain but needs some more logs removed from above and trenches dug to divert water into stream before it gets to the trail.

face slappers are growing in.... where is that trail maintenance crew? hmm
Your handy work helped, thx.

rmap01

Conditions were solid overall. A few wet areas sprinkled throughout but nothing too bad. The mud hole by the bridge
8D0F8E83-9E55-4ECE-834C-657DFFC954DE.jpeg
8E355508-2B39-4D39-A816-8594D853F74E.jpeg
looks pretty much like it did on Monday (considering the rain we got that’s an improvement!)

AndyJ

Beautiful weather, great conditions (except for the aforementioned mud hole by the bridge.) The Claypit connector was still a bit moist, but no standing water or sloppy mud. And, it's all pretty with the blooming laurel :)
laurel.jpg

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Beautiful weather, great conditions (except for the aforementioned mud hole by the bridge.) The Claypit connector was still a bit moist, but no standing water or sloppy mud. And, it's all pretty with the blooming laurel :)
View attachment 97138
It was pretty good today. This is not the “fast” hero dirt hartshorne but the “fun” all the sand fell into the berms hartshorne. Mostly dry and lots of erosion. Some trees down in dangerous spots. Some asshat thought it was a good idea to build a double about a minute into rocky point if you enter from the lot. There is a huge log in the gap but still a big gap. Someone is going to get hurt.

AndyJ

Yeah, my "great conditions" comment was based on the Hartshorne scale :) It's eroded with some misplaced sand and fallen trees, but, well, that's pretty much what's become normal at Hartshorne.
Some asshat thought it was a good idea to build a double about a minute into rocky point if you enter from the lot. There is a huge log in the gap but still a big gap. Someone is going to get hurt.
Are you referring to the one as you're coming down the hill, approaching the bridge with the sloppy mud hole? That's been there for few months. It was first mentioned here back in late March. I though the same thing when I first saw it (i.e. somebody's going to break something there, either their bike or their body), but it's still there today...

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Yeah, my "great conditions" comment was based on the Hartshorne scale :) It's eroded with some misplaced sand and fallen trees, but, well, that's pretty much what's become normal at Hartshorne.
Are you referring to the one as you're coming down the hill, approaching the bridge with the sloppy mud hole? That's been there for few months. It was first mentioned here back in late March. I though the same thing when I first saw it (i.e. somebody's going to break something there, either their bike or their body), but it's still there today...
Yea. If I have time i will fill it in this week.

TimBay

FYI MCPS TM session Saturday is supposed to focus on the mud pit! Hopefully this will be a true fix. I'm going to try to make it. You can only help if you're a registered volunteer. To register you have to go to their website and attend a TM course. I recommend doing it if you ride here frequently so you can help make it more betterer.

@RobW. Hopefullu they don't mess up your work.

RobW

FYI MCPS TM session Saturday is supposed to focus on the mud pit! Hopefully this will be a true fix. I'm going to try to make it. You can only help if you're a registered volunteer. To register you have to go to their website and attend a TM course. I recommend doing it if you ride here frequently so you can help make it more betterer.

@RobW. Hopefullu they don't mess up your work.
HA! It’s still a mess regardless . Good luck

Alfonzo

Whole bunch of trees down in the Monmouth Hills section - probably not useful information since it will get cleaned up Saturday but I'm sharing anyway.
Sorry this picture looks like garbage, my phone is currently in the process of getting RMA'd for a broken camera laser.

Also, if anyone finds a Black water bottle it either flew out of my hip pack or off my truck (Navesink Ave/Buttermilk lot). I'm local so I can meet anywhere nearby.

Attachments

• IMG_20190612_133532.jpg
    IMG_20190612_133532.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 199

TimBay

@RobW. People put logs in the mud pit again. Right through the flipping middle. Hopefully they get it fixed well this weekend. I cant make it because wife has a bridal shower so I'm on kid duty.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Anyone have insight into conditions? Thanks

Rode Huber today. Honestly it was wetter than I thought it would be. 99% was hero but the horses really tore up parts of Many Log. Those spots were holding lots of water. Harts is usually in better shape than that so it should be almost perfect, I would think.
20190614_181547656_iOS.jpg

20190614_183751570_iOS.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions