Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

trails were great in huber .... except for one section. That one section with all of the erosion bars is BOMBED OUT!!!

Last TM section we spent hours rebuilding, back-filling, regrading, etc, etc.. ALL of that work is gone. The trail section is completely eroded with huge gullies. The sand pit at the bottom is the deepest it's EVER been. Just last week this section was in really good shape....this one storm obliterated it.

I say all this as a plea to anyone that might have a voice with Monmouth county parks....Please RE-ROUTE THIS TRAIL SECTION!! Please. It is simply beyond repair and a liability for Parks (it is identified as "easy" trail that is "well maintained" on their maps).

Last edited:
Any update on conditions?

Thinking about heading to Hartshorne tomorrow but not so sure after the heavy dose of rain we got Friday. Anyone been out there today or have any insight into current conditions? Thanks.

Thinking about heading to Hartshorne tomorrow but not so sure after the heavy dose of rain we got Friday. Anyone been out there today or have any insight into current conditions? Thanks.

Hartshonre was fine. Although didn't do rocky point

Thanks WT. I know Rocky Point tends to take a bit longer to dry out. Do you think it would be ok to ride by tomorrow morning?

Park was dry and fast today. Way overcrowded with walkers though so watch out in the corners, I almost killed about a dozen people.

-Jim.

Lost: 40g Big Air canister and adapter

Hi All,

My Big Air 40g liquid propane canister and inflator fell off my bike this weekend--not sure if at Huber Woods or Hartshorne Woods. If found I would love to be reunited as they are not available anymore:(

Thanks in advance if you come across it...

Brian

Rode Hartshorne yesterday. For the most part a very good ride. But there are a number of sections on Rocky Point and Grand Tour that are way overgrown. Impossible to ride without being covered in foliage. Lots of thorns but more concerned about the possibility of ticks and poison ivy. Does anyone know if a TM is planned? I'd be happy to help.

I just sent an email to the Parks System to inquire about the next TM session.
Hopefully something is coming up.:)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions