Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
im pretty sure you flipped the %, otherwise i agree! ;)
1610028065529.png

Karate Monkey

Reasonable riding shape for tomorrow--most of the stuff has dried out enough to firm up, as long as you aren't trying to set KOMs on turns. For the love of all that's holy, please stop trying to avoid muck by skirting the outside of the trail--stuff that used to be ~2 feet wide is now 5 feet wide.

By the way, there's a knee-height suspended-in-the-air tree laying across the top of Many Log that someone has already started to cut into. It would be very cash-money if someone cut the rest of it free so people can stop going around it. *wink wink*

Roughly halfway between there and the halfway bugout trail is a widowmaker, too.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Reasonable riding shape for tomorrow--most of the stuff has dried out enough to firm up, as long as you aren't trying to set KOMs on turns. For the love of all that's holy, please stop trying to avoid muck by skirting the outside of the trail--stuff that used to be ~2 feet wide is now 5 feet wide.

By the way, there's a knee-height suspended-in-the-air tree laying across the top of Many Log that someone has already started to cut into. It would be very cash-money if someone cut the rest of it free so people can stop going around it. *wink wink*

Roughly halfway between there and the halfway bugout trail is a widowmaker, too.

I bunny hopped that knee height tree on top of many log yesterday (well sort of, wasn‘t the cleanest hop but I made it). Part of me wouldn’t mind seeing it stay even if there is a ride around. There aren’t too many challenging log overs left. I totally agree with the trails getting widened too much, though. Seems like Harts/Huber hold up well until freeze/thaw season. Then even the mighty Hartshorne is brought to it’s knees by slop.

Karate Monkey

I bunny hopped that knee height tree on top of many log yesterday (well sort of, wasn‘t the cleanest hop but I made it). Part of me wouldn’t mind seeing it stay even if there is a ride around. There aren’t too many challenging log overs left. I totally agree with the trails getting widened too much, though. Seems like Harts/Huber hold up well until freeze/thaw season. Then even the mighty Hartshorne is brought to it’s knees by slop.

My problem isn't that it's there, it's that people are going around and tramping the off-trail.

Reactions: Tim

Karate Monkey

I rode the other day before the rain. High areas were nicely packed, low areas were greasy.

Huber was/is consistently in better shape.

w_b

Surprised at how wet it was even this afternoon, in the area, not specifically the trails.

Karate Monkey

Rode Hart this am. Conditions not as good as hoped. The mud is drying but Would avoid Rocky Point for now.

Sad, but I'll probably avoid RP for the time being. If the service road on Grand Tour is a pit, Rocky Point isn't gonna be any better...actually, not fair. The main portion of Rocky Point, from the bunker/command loop to the fisherman's pier, is probably fine. 99% of the problems (other than a certain downed tree) are in the section from the water tower to the fisherman's pier.

That said, if you're gunning for bragging rights, the climb on the road from the fisherman's pier to the old command site is no joke.

TimBay

Sad, but I'll probably avoid RP for the time being. If the service road on Grand Tour is a pit, Rocky Point isn't gonna be any better...actually, not fair. The main portion of Rocky Point, from the bunker/command loop to the fisherman's pier, is probably fine. 99% of the problems (other than a certain downed tree) are in the section from the water tower to the fisherman's pier.

That said, if you're gunning for bragging rights, the climb on the road from the fisherman's pier to the old command site is no joke.
A couple of those spots in that section definitely need a little TM because they're basically perma-mud.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions