Hartshorne Conditions?

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How are the conditions? Is an early am ride possible before the ground starts to thaw?

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I've not been there lately, but I live fairly local, and it's hard for me to imagine that it's ridable yet.

Probably still a good deal of packed, rutted snow on many trails. Exposed stuff on Rocky Point will be a muddy mess.

Last edited:

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
and the snow is not frozen. it hasnt been real cold at night so the ground is not setting up firm...all one can hope for is a meltdown followed by a drydown. my rough guess 2 weeks...assuming we dont get substantially more precip iggy-dopler says we will be riding mid March.:popcorn:

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I checked the trails and 2 weeks would be a good guess. I think longer is possible if we have more precip.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
2 Weeks it is. I'll double check with the experts before heading south. Thanks.

MMuller

By Sunday the conditions should improve to being a muddy mess. Dying to get off the pavement and into some dirt. Doesn't look good until maybe the next weekend.

Last edited:

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
A buddy of mine called me at the shop today and went for a walk through harsthorn and said the place is a mess STAY OUT OF THERE FOR AWHILE!! still snow around and MUDDY!!! If you love the trails let them heal up before you beat them down.

skipper

Just went for a run today at Hartshorne...some VERY muddy spots, but trees down all over the place. If you're going to ride, PLEASE take it easy on the downhills, as you may run into an unexpected tree down across the trail, in various places!

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I walked thru parts of Hartshorn yesterday, and it is going to be a while before the whole place is back up to speed. If people ride before conditions improve, we will end up having to take care of that damage before we can do all the other projects (that we already don't have the time and manpower to do).

goodvibe

I rode there today. The conditions were perfect. There were two tiny patches of mud, but other than that, I have never had a better ride there.

elisa

Tire marks= Love

It was a most beautiful ride at Hartshorne yesterday.....
<3 I am in love with tire marks...LOL
Thank you Mountian bikers!

ellbiddy

I had a good ride both Sat and Sun, couple big logs still down there and there and only 2 muddy patches. Everything else is as good as it normally is.

Reminder 3/27

Just a reminder that we will be having trail Maintenance this Saturday March 27 from 9:00am-12:00 noon at Hartshorne we will be meeting at the top lot by battery Lewis.. In order for you to help out you have had to complete a volunteer training class tuaght my MCPS, Please reach out to Karen Livingstone for further details.. klivings(at)monmouthcountyparks.com..

Ride On..
Mike

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just a reminder that we will be having trail Maintenance this Saturday March 27 from 9:00am-12:00 noon at Hartshorne we will be meeting at the top lot by battery Lewis.. In order for you to help out you have had to complete a volunteer training class tuaght my MCPS, Please reach out to Karen Livingstone for further details.. klivings(at)monmouthcountyparks.com..

Ride On..
Mike

Mike where are you going to be working. I have to work that morning but will be there late. If i know what trail your working on i will meet you there.
Chris

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
The park folk usually let us know what the game plan is (if there is one), when we get there. Some times we have more info on problems than the parks do, as we can get around the whole park in one long ride.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions