Halters / JORBA Membership Drive!

can we get access to a DB of active members so we can put little ribbons under everyone who is an active member under their name?
I mean, I manually put in the jorba.org ribbon and shop keep ribbon, but I bet we can automate this. It would be a nice incentive.

How would you tie people names to user names?

Edit: @MissJR has a good idea, but I bet that would only get you ~50-60%. It's a start..

OK I finally did it , the line of you having to go to landowners and say you represent a group of 300 in this over populated state , is fucking crazy and I am sorry I waited this long .
This is the post that got to me.

If everyone took a couple of minutes to shoot an e-mail out to people they know that ride the trails in NJ, I know that we could definitely exceed the goals of this membership drive.

Just to give you a concrete example.

• I mostly ride alone, but a "friend of a friend" has a group of guys he regularly rides with who are mainly "roadies" but also like to hit the trails. I'm included on their group e-mails.
  • To make a long story, short: After reading this post, I decided to shoot out an e-mail to these guys with a link to the thread in this forum. A guy I rode with literally ONE time, that I barely know, thanked me for shooting him the e-mail and joined this morning.

There is no excuse for anyone who enjoys the trails in NJ, and is aware of the hard work that is put in by JORBA, to not put up the couple of bucks a year to support the cause.

The board guru's here are all over this guys, expect something soon.

Reactions: rlb
I'm really blown away by the responses and new memberships we are getting today! Particularly the new folks joining, great stuff.

One of the forum members here at mtbnj has offered to sponsor a 1 year basic membership to JORBA for 4 people who would like to join but for whatever reason are not in a position to do so.

The first 4 people who pm me will receive this generous offer!

Jorba = awesome

The only group that I lend my time and equipment for free.

Good stuff.

Now if they can take a look at back beach park in Wanaque as a next project.....lol

Blessings!

Last edited:
This is incredible! Let's keep the momentum going!

there's also the central nj mountain biking meetup group, too

E-mail sent to membership :)

Jorba = awesome

The only group that I lend my time and equipment for free.

Good stuff.

Now if they can take a look at back beach park in Wanaque as a next project.....lol

Blessings!

You're the man Domo!
This is where we need local members to step up and take the initiative. Someone local needs to make contact with land managers and get the ball rolling. Communication is key. It's a team effort and we all try to accomplish as much as we can with the time we have but we can't be everywhere. We're here to help if you need advice/direction on where to start.
Reach out any time bro.

Still 3 FREE memberships available, all you have to do is PM me....anonymous donor, anonymous winners (besides me entering your info)

Back
Top Bottom