Halter's Cycles

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Got rear ended.
One pedal and crank were stuck in the other person’s car. The other crank out a nice dent and a hole in my lifgate.
When the other car pulled back my car was towed from the bike for a few feet before disengaging.
Fortunately, I am doing better than the bike and that bike rack (and likely the other car’s radiator)
I bet their insurance company got quite the sticker shock after seeing how much that bike and rack cost to replace.

kbajaj

I bet their insurance company got quite the sticker shock after seeing how much that bike and rack cost to replace.
Insurance companies blow!
I had to go through my homeowners to get whatever I could for the bike and they’re going to subrogate (word of the month) the other insurance for it.

I was actually the one getting sticker shock - did I really spend that much on the bike and upgrades!?

serviceguy

Got rear ended.
One pedal and crank were stuck in the other person’s car. The other crank out a nice dent and a hole in my lifgate.
When the other car pulled back my car was towed from the bike for a few feet before disengaging.
Fortunately, I am doing better than the bike and that bike rack (and likely the other car’s radiator)
What happened to the bike carrier/hitch ? Something had to give for the bike to 'enter' your liftgate.

kbajaj

What happened to the bike carrier/hitch ? Something had to give for the bike to 'enter' your liftgate.
Bike rack rails bent, the whole rack got pushed in further into the hitch by an inch or so.
Hitch is a class 3 so it should be ok but haven’t inspected the inside of it yet

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Our rack got hit while we were on Vacation in Maine. They hit it sideways and spun the car around. The Insurance didn't cover a dime of it. Their Insurance also wouldn't cover it. Insurance Companies are terrible.

kbajaj

Our rack got hit while we were on Vacation in Maine. They hit it sideways and spun the car around. The Insurance didn't cover a dime of it. Their Insurance also wouldn't cover it. Insurance Companies are terrible.
They really are. Sorry you had bad luck with them. They should’ve covered it

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Wow, it sucks that none of the insurance companies covered bikes. This must vary depending on the insurance company because a friend of mine who was carrying a bike on the back of his Wrangler got rear ended. If I recall the only visible damage was a busted crank arm. The other car's insurance company covered the cost of the entire bike. The only damage was in fact just the crank arm so aside from the cost to replace the cranks he essentially got the bike for free. He rode that bike for years.

Top Bottom