Halters Cycles 31/31 Contest. July 2015 $100

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a slew of mechanicals/flat tires today at KVSP. Thought I would be riding at home to make the hour - but managed to get it in. Saw some wildlife today - some deer and either 2 bears or the same bear twice.

Dok083gBhYVOescH_3SyUbxx8oqIrqSuNrcy3Q2lB_IO=w362-h643-no

if he really thought it was your neck, xray would show an avulsion, or problem with the processes (is that the right term)
here is mine.

neck.jpg

Sorry to hear this is bothering you this badly - do you think it is inflammation of the bursa? what is your Px?

J31-30: 30 Days in the hole
https://www.strava.com/activities/357629668

There have been some good ones, but this is my favorite song title of the bunch.
It's got a good beat and you can mash pedals to it.

Took the subway for the first time this month on the way home.
Got my hour in before work because forecast,
and even if it hadn't been raining, I was planning on taking the tube home.
I just decided I had sweat about enough today.

@qclabrat was here
photo_zps5c6badca.jpg

Finally got caught up on this thread. Bummer @fidodie is out!! Next year man!

As for me, it's been a week of rounding out the hours. Most have been pre-work rides, which I prefer because it's done first thing in the morning so I don't have anything to derail me in the evening. However, they're always "just an hour".

I'm sleepy, legs are heavy, but otherwise I haven't felt better physically and mentally in a long time. Also down about 10lbs too.

I'm leaning towards scrapping my CR/Canal/Six Mile ride tomorrow. Not sure I can do 2 days of canal after punching the clock all week. I have a 60 mile road loop as a backup.

Nice work everyone! Ride around your driveway for an hour tomorrow if you have to!

Day 30: The weather tonight made me moist (aka penultimate)

More interesting than my ride are the events leading up to it: work. Rush home. Make dinner for the girls. Fold a load of laundry. Unstack the dishwasher. Take the girls to the dentist. Bathe the girls. Put the girls to bed. Power nap. Get on the bike. Sheesh.

Very proud of my inappropriate-sounding ride title.
http://app.strava.com/activities/357734691

Last day everyone! Congrats to all who made it this far! Still have one more day on the road before I can upload my rides. So far, I think I've got about 460 or so miles this week. No idea on the hours yet. Going to head out for a quick last ride before I have to drive back to Rochester.

Not sure about anyone else but I am ready for a day off! anyone have any idea what were suppose to bring with us to prove our times tomorrow?

Day 31 :) Finished!

https://www.strava.com/activities/357867227

The majority of these rides were on the roads and bike paths around here, and all done on the fat bike. Almost all of the M-F rides required a 3:30 am start, so I am anxious to catch up on some sleep now. I also managed to get a bunch of rides with my son in the Burley, including Minnewaska and D&R Canal, which was great.

I wanted to finish this at Tranquility, as I usually try and ride there on Friday mornings before work. I had to get up at 3:00am to make that happen with my work schedule. It was a beautiful morning with an enormous full moon, and the whole ride was pre-sunrise.

Here is my 31 day calendar, and a couple of full moon shots...
Screen Shot 2015-07-31 at 7.40.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-07-31 at 7.03.13 AM.png

IMG_8017.jpg
IMG_8022.jpg
IMG_8025.jpg

Last edited:
Day 31. Woo hoo! https://www.strava.com/activities/357875137

Yes, I am really ready for a break, but instead I'm heading down to Bryce Resort in VA for an enduro event this weekend. Practice tomorrow, race on Sunday. Monday I rest!

Unfortunately, I have a crap-ton to do at work today and at home before I leave, so I'll post my (typically) wordy thoughts about this experience on Monday...

Edit: Home now and did some math. I had a couple of "Strava-issue" days. One day (7/6) where the phone didn't record (but fortunately jdog saw me as the ride was to the shop; forced me to get a new phone that night) and one day (7/15) when apparently the weather caused the GPS to go whacky and record me going faster than I'm capable of. Anyway... I ended July with about 44 hrs exactly and 550 miles. Weight from 180 ish down to 170-ish and I think my pants fit better, which is good.

Last edited:
460 this week? Or month?

Week- @1speed on a mission:

The last few days have been nuts. I'm in NY to ride the Erie Canal Trail. I'll have to post my rides later, but since Saturday, I did 73 miles, 116 miles and then 90 more today. I've got about 75 to do tomorrow, and then I'm taking Wednesday "off" where I'll only do an hour or so around Rochester and then Thursday I've got 80+ to do with a buddy of mine who is arriving in Rochester We'd night. I was hoping to do the whole trail both ways, but it's been over 90 with a really high dew point everyday and I'm kind of cooked. I decided today to take it easy on Wed after I finished today's ride and needed a three hour nap.

@fidodie torn muscle or tendon back of shoulder

@de00304 WHAT no frog picture?!

@Ian F have fun and ride well...possibly windham next month, let ya know

@AndyJ I tried to print that but my printer did it all black and cant read the times so I will be printing out from the activities page....multiple pages :(

@rlb As per your suggestion, all rides were on a mountain bike, even if on the road.

SO I did it! I rode to work this morning with one arm the whole way 32mins.
Rode home, at 11 mins 45 seconds the shoulder started up. But I ended up with a 52 minute ride home anyway. So nothing spectacular the last day but I finished.
Today was the first day I actually have some leg cramps too.

Looking forward to meeting/seeing some of you tomorrow. Will be bringing my camera :)

Monthly results:
52 hours
433 miles
Gas $ saved (commutes) approx $40
Weight lost 10 lbs
BP from 160's/100 to steady 120's/80's
Average heart rate last month 126, this month 107

All around a good month.

Done! Well, I still have another 50-60 minutes on the ride home. I realized in the middle of July that my Garmin is set to total time, not moving time, so I was short on two days (58 and 55 minutes) due to trying to estimate how long changing a flat took and coming up a bit short. Hopefully @jdog lets that slide.
46 Hours
687 miles (ride home will get me over 700).
Commuted 11 out of 22 work days. Just over one tank of gas saved.

upload_2015-7-31_10-2-26.png

I'm definitely torn as to whether I should ride tomorrow. My body is dead, but I don't want to break the streak. I think I'll just see how I feel. My girlfriend told me that I should try to do a ride every day for a month every few months. I think that makes her a keeper (or she just wants me out of the house). Maybe I'll try again in January though I'd probably have to buy a fat bike to survive the tow path commute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom