Halter's Cycles -- (31/31) 2019 Edition .. RIDE 1hr a day, EVERY DAY for the month of July.. Win $100!!

xc62701

31/31: Stick a fork in me I’m done! It was an interesting month. Like other said the worst part was figuring out when to get the ride in. The storms and oppressive heat made it a challenge but I’m glad I did it. On the other hand I’m looking forward to a few days off.

Stats:
Hours - 55:27
Miles - 608
Vert - 45,514’

ECC100CA-5415-434B-BB50-4F452379E1F7.jpeg
5FE6D6C7-262E-4070-8717-F33DA819FCD5.png

ekuhn

Fin. I'm cooked. 3rd 3/31 in the books. This was the toughest year yet with work, traveling, and other commitments. More night riding that I've any other year. Legs/knees def need a rest. Looking back I would have done a few things differently. Concentrated more on my diet(maybe this is an overall statement), protein intake to help recovery, and try to get more rest. Some days I was burning the candle at both ends and I was running out of wax, quickly.

From the first week, I decided I was going to give my prize to a less fortunate NICA racer. This is still the plan.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2580229360

IMG_9126.jpeg

IMG_9129.jpeg

31 for 31 strava.jpg

31 for 31b.jpg

pygmypony

done! @jdog as others have suggested, please add my $$$ to the Halters community fund, and i will also be making a separate JORBA donation to boot! this was great motivation, thanks!

98 rides (the commute rides add up!)
68 hours
854 miles
26,829 ft

easily my biggest month ever by any measure...

some notes:

1) i'm wiped, in need of a rest
2) i didn't lose or gain any weight...stayed steady at 193...i guess that's ok? the many post ride beers aided there as well...
3) rain was the biggest challenge for me, rain gear helps!

thanks all!

1564660444258.png

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Congrats to all those who completed this! I had a blast doing it last year but life got in the way this year. I had fun reading along with the updates every day and I enjoyed the photos. Some of you guys get to ride in some pretty interesting places from time to time!

dnap

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I’m finally getting around to my July recap...

31 rides
52 hours 12 min
600.3 miles
21,115 ft elevation
4 different bikes used (spreading the love!)

Casualties:
1 lost water bottle
BF broke a spoke on the SS and a cx bike rear shifter snapped, but no concussion for him so that makes up for it (a little)!

0F889E38-8215-4FC9-A10B-7D8C8A4637F5.jpeg

I’m looking at this as being pretty impressive since I did this challenge off of the couch. We rode the Saturday and Sunday before it started also, so I’m really happy with the month as a whole. This is probably the most I’ve ridden in a month since 2015 (insert past excuses here for neglecting said bikes and my fitness/ health).

Congrats to everyone who participated and hit their goal as well as those of you who made the attempt. It is not an easy challenge and it required a great deal of mental fortitude to follow it through to the end. Here’s hoping the momentum we all gained in July continues through the rest of the year.

Thanks @jdog for doing this challenge again and motivating us to get out and ride. It is just the push a lot of us needed to get our engines going this summer. Time to make the wish list and plan a visit to the shop! We’ll see you soon!!

xc62701

I plan on hitting up Sourlands/Six Mile, then cashing in my award, and looking for a pizza recommendation.

ekuhn

I plan on hitting up Sourlands/Six Mile, then cashing in my award, and looking for a pizza recommendation.

Stop in Tigers Tale right across the street from Halters for some good bar/restaurant food, or look up AMA pizza in Hillsborough (few minutes off 206), or Joe's in Hillsborough (right off 206).

bigW

Kudos to those who got 31 rides in. Not easy with perfect weather and the rain made 31/31 a major accomplishment.

I wound up with 24/31 ( was out of contention right at the start of the month ) Hours biking was 88 and distance 1,320 miles ( all on the road )

Better much next year.

W

Top Bottom