Halter's Cycles -- (31/31) 2019 Edition .. RIDE 1hr a day, EVERY DAY for the month of July.. Win $100!!

Day 30...

Road ride after work. Put in a couple decent efforts. My legs felt surprisingly not terrible. One day to go!!!!

https://strava.app.link/d4rjfR9cLY

E471FD99-9094-4BF1-9C07-E9963C4D59F8.jpeg

Day 31. All done. Got out early for my local loop before work.

Congrats to everybody completing this. Besides the physical challenge of the month I think the much more difficult part is the planning. You have to put a lot of thought into this to get the ride in.

Stats for the month: 37hrs 35mins and 384 miles

Now to spend the next week cleaning these bikes

6642C441-83CE-412C-811C-2ADAF3136D78.png
D0A650A8-2D34-4C25-BCDA-4C4152569B06.jpeg

A sincere congrats to all those who have hung in for this year’s 31/31. The heat was insane for more than a few of these days. I give you all a ton of credit.

I especially have enjoyed the photos over the month and I hope that in some way we’ve collectively made cycling more prominent in the public eye.

I’ll be out of the state the next few days at the 2020 Kona launch in WA and then on to Squamish. I’ll be back on the 8th.

After that, stop by the shop for your reward

Anyone feeling like supporting Jorba and / or NICA instead, please let me know and I’ll write them a check in your behalf.

Jdog

Day 31. All done. Got out early for my local loop before work.

Congrats to everybody completing this. Besides the physical challenge of the month I think the much more difficult part is the planning. You have to put a lot of thought into this to get the ride in.

Stats for the month: 37hrs 35mins and 384 miles

Now to spend the next week cleaning these bikes

View attachment 101340View attachment 101341
A bit more credit here for Chris as he broke his leg this year. I know his pain and what it takes to push through as I broke my leg the same way 2 years ago.

day 30 / 31 in the books y'day...

typical commute day, and also did a lunch-time trip to paragon to pick up some gear...

drank this last nite, poolside...

currently, i'm at 53 minutes for today after my AM commute...tonite's forecast is looking like i'll be wrapping up the 31/31 in the rain

1564582580725.png

JIYF 31/31: I’ll tumble 4 ya
E6327BEA-B95D-468B-BCD9-26DE87524E2E.jpeg

https://strava.app.link/ehd28fo9LY

And that’s a wrap on another July.
I think this is my 6th, and proud to say I’ve completed each one.

Kudos to all that threw in on this one, especially those still standing.

And of course many thanks to @jdog for motivating us all.
As always this has been a great boost to the base.
There’s a little less of me than there was in June, and what’s left is a little less of a grumpy bastard.
(My wife thanks you too).

Day 31: finished the month out in a thunderstorm. Started about 15 minutes into the ride, spent the worst of it under a party awning in a Boy Scout camp.

Short recap of the month: 380 miles, 27k elevation. I actually started to enjoy riding the road bike again and was reminded it’s the best tool for training. I didn’t ride much the last year and half after saddling myself with some serious diy home renovations, so this was a good jumpstart. Maybe I’ll build on this and race cross this year.

My motivation for the challenge was to put the money towards demos.
Kudos to everyone involved. Time to focus on quality over quantity on my next few rides. https://strava.app.link/TQYO0xYtMY
81C97DE5-7615-4392-9DDC-96F813F02998.png

Back
Top Bottom