Hailing from Jersey City

What's good?

Coming from a tri/road bike background, but honestly haven't seriously ridden in about two years .. somehow ended up on a Specialized Rockhopper 29er.

Looking to hit some trails .. straight up noOb. Be easy please.
:)

I am not sure if your screen name would be better or worse depending on if you are a girl or a guy. I recommend changing it to swampass in a future version of yourself.

anyways, welcome and I don't know a thing up the trails up north.

Yeah, it is a reference to my fave movie - Tropic Thunder
It could have been worse .. I could've used bust-a-nut bar, but decided to keep it somewhat G-rated.

besides .. everyone can relate to bootysweat - guy or girl.

I'm actually moving up to JC Heights in two weeks. Not sure of where the closest trails are, but there's got to be lots out just a bit northwest of Hudson County. I also run a lot (trails) and will be looking to do a lot of that as well. Not sure if Liberty State Park or any parks in Hudson County have any dirt/gravel running paths.

6 Mile Run is an easy 45 min drive. I'm in Hoboken and did it last weekend.

41J9XJzmFgL_SL500_AA300_PIbundle-24.jpg
:getsome:

What's good?

Coming from a tri/road bike background, but honestly haven't seriously ridden in about two years .. somehow ended up on a Specialized Rockhopper 29er.

Looking to hit some trails .. straight up noOb. Be easy please.
:)

Your best bet is Chimney Rock.Straight out west on 78.Should only take you 35 minutes from Jersey City

Chimney Rock is easy to get to and fun. Also, Lewis Morris. I am heading out to Deer Park right now but that's more around an hour drive.

Born and raised in jersey city. I use to live in the Heights as well. My mom still lives there and dad is in a nursing home near the square.

No matter where you drive to, you are like an hour from some good riding spots like Lewis Morris, Chimney Rock, 6 Mile Run, Hartshorne and even Ringwood. Since the summer is approaching places like Hartshorne and even 6 mile run, it may take longer than an hour with summer traffic, so keep that in mind.

Where you living in JC?

I came back after being the military for a couple of years and found any kind of riding sucks since I pretty much live in the hood. I'm on the Greenville side of Jersey City.

Sad that i need to drive out just to ride and can't just walk out the door without some hoodrat eyeing my steed.

Back
Top Bottom