Group Ride Saturday 12/9, 9am-12pm Hartshorne

I had to create a new member account so anyways Where can I find yesterdays groups pics from yesterdays last ride of the year?

This was a really good time. Place is very fun, definitely going back. @rottin' did a great job leading and thanks! Was good to see pretty much everyone on a fantastic December day. I’ll have to hit the other side one day soon.
And wasn't the Ragley the right bike choice??? Mine felt like it was made for that place. I gotta get back there more.

I'm really glad I was able to make it (had some travel and other things going on up to Friday night). The weather was incredible (riding in a t-shirt in December 👍) and the trails were in really good shape from no rain for a week.

We started out following @rottin' but a few of us decided to break off and go our own pace and keep the group size down. Between @Dusty the Whale and I we were able to throw a fun loop together on the fly. We did some chitchattin', petted dogs, and just enjoyed the beautiful day and the views. It was the oppo-hardo/db ride right @Gene lol.

It was great to ride/hang with @Dusty the Whale , @Ryan.P , @Gene , Mike (not sure if he's on here) and all the folks we came across with on the trail. BTW we had a @Karate Monkey sighting with him on that beautiful pink touring rig.

Thanks @pooriggy for putting the ride together and spearheading all the TM's at Hartshorne and Huber Woods!

I would like to add from my permanent beginner point of view that the work done on this park trails is simply awesome. I found riding on this trails being both engaging and confidence inspiring at the same time, and while the climbs are not intimidating you still get you work cut out for you(and yes I struggled as usual). I have beet attending the last group ride of the year for the last 3 years and the improvement has been nothing short of amazing (I wish I could say the same of both my riding skills and fitness)...I even have my reserved parking spot at the very trail head, but it's nice to know there's an overflow parking lot for the peasants!

Once again tanks @pooriggy and the crew!

P.S. gutted I missed the @Karate Monkey sighting!

Mountain biking is such a wonderfully weird sport; one that allows, no, implores grown men and women to magically transform into the carefree versions of themselves from their youth.

I joined the “slow group” (again) because even though I knew I could keep up with the intermediate pace (a first for me), I didn’t want to be wrecked afterwards. Well, the mountain bike gods had something else in mind.

We had a larger than ideal group so @knobbyhead and @smann took stock of the situation at the top of the Clay-pit climb and split the group into two.

@knobbyhead maintained the published pace and @smann gave the rest of us a slightly more spirited but still social tour of Hartshorn.

Much fun was had by all!!! So much so that when @knobbyhead offered a Huber after ride. I jumped on it.

Big thanks to all the folks at MTBNJ for fostering such a wonderful mountain bike community. 👍

I'm really glad I was able to make it (had some travel and other things going on up to Friday night). The weather was incredible (riding in a t-shirt in December 👍) and the trails were in really good shape from no rain for a week.

We started out following @rottin' but a few of us decided to break off and go our own pace and keep the group size down. Between @Dusty the Whale and I we were able to throw a fun loop together on the fly. We did some chitchattin', petted dogs, and just enjoyed the beautiful day and the views. It was the oppo-hardo/db ride right @Gene lol.

It was great to ride/hang with @Dusty the Whale , @Ryan.P , @Gene , Mike (not sure if he's on here) and all the folks we came across with on the trail. BTW we had a @Karate Monkey sighting with him on that beautiful pink touring rig.

Thanks @pooriggy for putting the ride together and spearheading all the TM's at Hartshorne and Huber Woods!

I was apprehensive about putting in the "hardest" day I've had in a year, but I felt great after it.

Gonna keep trying to add more hills in, and see how it goes.

I was apprehensive about putting in the "hardest" day I've had in a year, but I felt great after it.

Gonna keep trying to add more hills in, and see how it goes.
You looked very strong going by us on the blacktop section as you went up and back from the Command Loop. Felt bad as we were totally crowding the intersection by the Grand Tour connector and RockyPoint trail heads but you had no problem navigating through us!

Glad you felt great after your ride and hope to see you on the trails more as you add more hills in 👍

Mountain biking is such a wonderfully weird sport; one that allows, no, implores grown men and women to magically transform into the carefree versions of themselves from their youth.

I joined the “slow group” (again) because even though I knew I could keep up with the intermediate pace (a first for me), I didn’t want to be wrecked afterwards. Well, the mountain bike gods had something else in mind.

We had a larger than ideal group so @knobbyhead and @smann took stock of the situation at the top of the Clay-pit climb and split the group into two.

@knobbyhead maintained the published pace and @smann gave the rest of us a slightly more spirited but still social tour of Hartshorn.

Much fun was had by all!!! So much so that when @knobbyhead offered a Huber after ride. I jumped on it.

Big thanks to all the folks at MTBNJ for fostering such a wonderful mountain bike community. 👍
I was done for the day, but you can thank @michael.su for suggesting a ride to huber.

I too missed meeting @Karate Monkey!

You looked very strong going by us on the blacktop section as you went up and back from the Command Loop. Felt bad as we were totally crowding the intersection by the Grand Tour connector and RockyPoint trail heads but you had no problem navigating through us!

Glad you felt great after your ride and hope to see you on the trails more as you add more hills in 👍

Can't blame you, that is a favorite spot for coughing up a lung. Sucks from both (three?) sides.

Back
Top Bottom