Going Long and Hard.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Given my recent tire woes, I'm gonna test the new Mondo and see if Specialized has hit the nail on the head with a fast and durable endurance tire. It definitely feels as fast as a normal road tire like the GP5000 or Turbo, so now I just have to see how it holds up in the gutter.

PSX_20230531_192007.jpg

rlb

. I wonder how much you could make with a rickshaw?
I wanted to take one on the AC boardwalk one evening after a concert. We were staying on the other end of the boardwalk at showboat (that's how long ago it was). Dude wanted like $50, wasn't happening!

Steve Vai

Rode over to Rutgers with the child#2 to watch the Watermelon Crit. I started racing with the Hermes Club so it's nice to see everyone. We had 4 or 5 guys in the 4/5 race but one of my homies just rode off the front solo right at the gun and stayed away FTW. Our 2 fast guys were out, 1 crashed at Somerville and another flatted on Lap1. I was on my Epic so I couldn't even help him at all.

The woods are primo after the NICA race last week. They didn't hit Wildlife or Blue so they're pretty overgrown still.

20230603_115958.jpg

PSX_20230603_125431.jpg

Steve Vai

PBP things.

A) I was able to score a spot in Group #1 of the uprights, with the fast boyz. I'm hoping to hide and use that group to pull me through the 1st 200k at least. Spend zero to no time in the wind.

Screenshot_20230527_204631_Chrome.jpg

B) Aero bars are legal this year.

Screenshot_20230605_065540_Google.jpg

C) I swapped my front end for the upcoming 600k in upstate NY to the aero bar setup to re-acclimate to said position.

20230604_103603.jpg

D) I have not yet finished my qualifying SR for PBP so all of this may not matter...The Niagra 600 is pretty much pancake flat and should really be no issues but given the luck I've had so far this season?

I might have to have the kid 3d print me a light bracket for the aero bars. I'm gonna test another setup I have but a custom mount would be pretty epic...Get something out of that engineering school tuition we're paying for 🤣

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
PBP things.

A) I was able to score a spot in Group #1 of the uprights, with the fast boyz. I'm hoping to hide and use that group to pull me through the 1st 200k at least. Spend zero to no time in the wind.

View attachment 215073

B) Aero bars are legal this year.

View attachment 215074

C) I swapped my front end for the upcoming 600k in upstate NY to the aero bar setup to re-acclimate to said position.

View attachment 215075

D) I have not yet finished my qualifying SR for PBP so all of this may not matter...The Niagra 600 is pretty much pancake flat and should really be no issues but given the luck I've had so far this season?

I might have to have the kid 3d print me a light bracket for the aero bars. I'm gonna test another setup I have but a custom mount would be pretty epic...Get something out of that engineering school tuition we're paying for 🤣
Cut a 3inch long piece of pvc in half and attach it to the front bridge. You can then just attach the light with the original clamp and call it done.

Steve Vai

Cut a 3inch long piece of pvc in half and attach it to the front bridge. You can then just attach the light with the original clamp and call it done.

It doesn't actually have a normal mount. It has a GoPro adapter or a fork mount or a weird bar clamp that won't work sideways on the aero bar. I could use a Nob and GoPro adapter clamped to it but that's hokey. My kid can just make the right thing.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
It doesn't actually have a normal mount. It has a GoPro adapter or a fork mount or a weird bar clamp that won't work sideways on the aero bar. I could use a Nob and GoPro adapter clamped to it but that's hokey. My kid can just make the right thing.
In that case…. Drill a small hole in the center of the bridge and tap it for a standard quarter twenty mount. No shortage of quarter twenty to gopro mounts our there. 😁

Top Bottom