Glen Park Stroudsburg, PA

Hey!
Anyone here racing GP this October?
I was curious if anyone had any tips for race day that they didn't think of.
Not sure what I just signed up for, it'll be my first try at Enduro. 😬

Do the stages change every year or is it exactly how I see on Trailforks?
like @V-Dub said they’ll mix it up a little but in my experience it’s usually the same main trails. Definitely pre ride if you can. There are a couple of sketchy things you don’t want to roll into blind….ask me how I know 🤣 Also, figuring out the climb is half the battle…my first pre ride I wasted the entire day trying to figure out the transfer climb because nothing was marked yet. They usually have it up a couple days in advance though.

like @V-Dub said they’ll mix it up a little but in my experience it’s usually the same main trails. Definitely pre ride if you can. There are a couple of sketchy things you don’t want to roll into blind….ask me how I know 🤣 Also, figuring out the climb is half the battle…my first pre ride I wasted the entire day trying to figure out the transfer climb because nothing was marked yet. They usually have it up a couple days in advance though.
Awesome! I rode there last year and got slapped around lol. I plan on pre riding a few times before the race. If this rain ever stops 🙄

I’ve done a few GP races over the years. They’re def the best around.

DM me if you’re going to get some laps in the next few weekends. I can make it out there on a Sun assuming the rain finally stops and things dry out for a few days.

Would be good to have someone to lap with.

Steve

DM me if you’re going to get some laps in the next few weekends. I can make it out there on a Sun assuming the rain finally stops and things dry out for a few days.

Steve
Hey,

Yeah, That would be great

Steve
hey Steve...what do you think the trails will be like on Sunday? heavy rains here last night, after a few days of rain earlier in the week. but I'm about an hour away (central NJ).

I would suspect very muddy still. The lower sections take a long time to dry out.

I'm about 75mins away as well so I don't know for sure how that area has been getting hit with all the weather we've had the last few weeks

I would suspect very muddy still. The lower sections take a long time to dry out.

I'm about 75mins away as well so I don't know for sure how that area has been getting hit with all the weather we've had the last few weeks
thanks. wasn't sure if it was generally the type of place that drains quick or holds water. to be safe I think I'll hold off for a better day.

Hey!
Anyone here racing GP this October?
I was curious if anyone had any tips for race day that they didn't think of.
Not sure what I just signed up for, it'll be my first try at Enduro. 😬
My daughter and I, along with a few other kids from our NICA team will be racing this one. None of us have ever ridden here but hoping to get out and preride beforehand.

I'd probably take note of where the larger features are, such as the road gap that has caused injury. But honestly, I would've done better had I not preridden the courses two days before the race. Doing that climb five or six times sucks.

I am really quite confused about the 3rd course. If it’s the same race course as two years ago, the finish is a very steep chute. The entrance to this chute has been blocked off and a go around has been cut. Now the entrance is about 90° to the chute. Needless to say, I will either be walking the bike over to get a straight line to ride down the chute, or just be walking/sliding down it on purpose. I fully expect it to be a carnage fest there this year. And I did ride it today, but I do not enjoy the hang on and pray sections.

I am really quite confused about the 3rd course. If it’s the same race course as two years ago, the finish is a very steep chute. The entrance to this chute has been blocked off and a go around has been cut. Now the entrance is about 90° to the chute. Needless to say, I will either be walking the bike over to get a straight line to ride down the chute, or just be walking/sliding down it on purpose. I fully expect it to be a carnage fest there this year. And I did ride it today, but I do not enjoy the hang on and pray sections.
Where did you see a map of this year's stages? I didn't see anything on FB or Bikereg.

Where did you see a map of this year's stages? I didn't see anything on FB or Bikereg.
No map. I was just riding the stages from two years ago. There’s only so many places they can finish at the bottom, so I expect it’ll be used again.

No map. I was just riding the stages from two years ago. There’s only so many places they can finish at the bottom, so I expect it’ll be used again.
They typically reuse "highlights" of glen park....like the bro line, rock garden, or the punchbowl just etc, etc....but usually they change up how everything is routed from race to race and where the stages finish.

Is there some kind of standard as to when they release the map for an enduro race? We are new to enduro, but it kind of seems weird to me they haven't put a map out, I mean I would imagine they most know the stages by now right?

My 13 year old was thinking of racing it, but we would like to pre-ride the stages (i.e. I would like her to be able to). We went up there 2 weeks back and just sort of rode the place for the first time so we have an idea, but would like to go back and ride the actual stages. Unfortunately with other sports and activities of hers and my other kids, our window to do so is just about shut.

Just sort of strikes me as odd this wouldn't be posted by now. Then again, maybe keeping the course a secret until the last minute is an enduro thing? Not super keen on my 13 y/o riding some steep shoot blind, but she'll likely fair better than me anyway :cool:

Back
Top Bottom