Geocaching

robox201

anyone ever go geocaching while riding some trails. It feels so much better to me to keep riding when you have a destination you are trying to reach. These little treasure boxes are all over the place. Its awesome to try to ride to a REALLY far spot, then hide your own cache and register it to lure others to ride out that far to find it. Im having such a blast, having just discovered this website, www.geocaching.com, and just trying to find them all while out riding. To me it just adds a little more mystery as to what is ahead.

I love geocaching! I just started to do it on the bike! I definitely agree. It always made hiking more interesting, and gives you a goal to achieve.

I have found a stone owl in one. That was my favorite. Most of them have some weird trinkets, a lot of the tradeable items are aimed toward children who may be accompay you. Theadventure is trying to find some of the well hidden ones. Some require climbing trees or through some caves and some are as small as an eraser. You log your name on a paper log In the cache.

Geocaching is a ton of fun. I go out with my family on occasion. I don't usually cache with my bike though, just when hiking.

300+. I love hiking to get geocaches but when I am biking alone sometimes I will glance down at the gps and see if there are any near. If it requires a tremendous amount of bushwacking I won't do it with my bike but if it is close to the trail I will. I love some of the really creative caches that force you to use 'tools' or brainpower to get to it once you find it. :D

did it a couple of years ago when i had my android phone. kinda of a PiTA to load the coords into my delorne.

maybe cool to plant some geocaches of bike schwagg for some places your frequent. i go to hi mtn alot, but not sure if they allow caches there as it is a preserve:popcorn:

It's not too bad to load on my garmin etrex if I have the time. I just dump a whole bunch in the area I may be going or that I frequent. High Mountain in Wayne I'm assuming? If so, there are a good amount there. Also, how is it mountain biking there? I frequent Mahlon, but the hills suck for someone who is plump and trying to get in shape on the bike. :D

I usually geocache with my iphone. I go to the website, then click on view in google maps for each cache. Some of my best geocaches have been at ramapo off skyline drive. I hid a few trackable items along at Ringwood off the red trail. It makes riding such an adventure if you have at least one destination you all are trying to get to before you call it a day!

I agree. I have sworn by the geocaching app on my phone since I purchased it.. but I do like to use my garmin so that I have 10x more battery power and can preserve my phone just in case I get lost. :popcorn: Haven't gotten lost yet, but with my luck.... Yeah. LOL

Any cool geocaches that have specifically stuck to you? Experience wise? I have seen a lot of cool ones. We had to tie a ladder to our roof rack just to gain access to this one in Newton.. Freakin cool!

gc

Well my friends and I hid one in Hawley, PA that is a heck of a mountain bike ride to get to, but its a really amazing spot. It probibly has the biggest bass ive ever seen in this natural woods lake. The name of the cache is Biker bottle by the lake.

Back
Top Bottom