Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I am sure @Juggernaut was stoked to see Valverde win.

Arguement for the long term effects of past doping anyone?

I was hoping Bardet was going to take it.
I was hoping for valgren to get clear over the climb to see if he could make it stick. I love races like that where it’s total atricion. Those steep climbs combined with the end of season sees a lot of favorites spit out the back. I was expecting more out of the Yates brothers. How often do you get to see twin brothers work together in a race that favors them? That could have been really interesting.
I can’t imagine that valverdes previous doping is still having a positive effect. Although I’d be convinced he was still doping if I didn’t believe he was constantly getting tested.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I can’t imagine that valverdes previous doping is still having a positive effect. Although I’d be convinced he was still doping if I didn’t believe he was constantly getting tested.

Part of the arguement of lifetime ban is the lasting effects of doping. Basically, you are able to train and push your body to a higher level while doping that you would not be albe to reach naturally.

However, the likelihood that he is clean now is slim to None.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
So far, I’m really pleased with Flobike. The coverage this spring has been excellent. The $$$ is irksome, but steephill and/or the virus laden greyweb coverage was just no longer tenable.

FDEEE61F-3411-4E39-9861-557F42F537C2.jpeg

Last edited:

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
So far, I’m really pleased with Flobike. The coverage this spring has been excellent. The $$$ is irksome, but steephill and/or the virus laden greyweb coverage was just not longer tenable.
Yeah, I couldn’t handle the crappy links and pop ups, so I split fubo with a friend.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
MVDP just had the most spectacular OTB I’ve ever seen (w/out being carted off). If he manages to make it back to the front it’ll be Flanders lore.

Edit: WTF! He made it back to the group.

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
The OTB.... thought he’s was done for...... dude still got 4th!!!! Totally next level shit.

Last edited:

StayHydrated

Swedish Chef
"In a post-race interview with Sporza, Van Avermaet — Bettiol’s teammate at BMC Racing last year — expressed surprise that the Italian had won. “I know him a bit,” he said. “He was a great talent, but also a bit lazy. Last year he was too fat. Now he may have made that click and he will finally do everything for [the sport].”

What you say when you feelin' spicy that the dude that probably would have been working for you that day took it up to 11 and you couldn't go with on Oude Kwaremont. How's that ego feeling, GVA?

trener1

"In a post-race interview with Sporza, Van Avermaet — Bettiol’s teammate at BMC Racing last year — expressed surprise that the Italian had won. “I know him a bit,” he said. “He was a great talent, but also a bit lazy. Last year he was too fat. Now he may have made that click and he will finally do everything for [the sport].”

What you say when you feelin' spicy that the dude that probably would have been working for you that day took it up to 11 and you couldn't go with on Oude Kwaremont. How's that ego feeling, GVA?

Well to be fair to GVA, he is basic just saying the truth, Bettitol did nothing last year, do you recall seeing him in the pointy end of the action in any of the classics?.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
30k left on stage 2 of the Giro. The break away clearly being managed at this point. So far this stage has show me nothing about overall form of the Peloton. On a positive note, the camera just showed some umbrellas popping up at the finish line. Hopefully that’ll add some juice to the finish.

Top Bottom