Frenchtown Preserve Conditions

one piece crank

Still dry and good conditions. The Green (G) main connector trail that bisects the map East-to-West has tall grass, as do a few (G) offshoots. All the in-woods trails (R,B,O and some G) have minimal weed growth and are easy to see. Also a few low hanging fallen trees and pine brach protrusions that need a trail day soon.

Robin

Tried to do some snipping on blue, orange, and red. Came across this one on my travels.

IMG_20200623_094546.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
A few spots of mud, to be expected sticks everywhere. One tree down right at the beginning but rideable, only one spot I had to get off the bike, a several leaners with vines that I had to walk under

one piece crank

I took care if the worst leaner today. I left the main tree and cleaned out 5-6 others. I didn’t have the time or energy, and it seemed pretty stable. I think there are still 2-3 more hidden on smaller trails.
A316A5B4-FA5C-4CEF-91F7-88569A95E9B5.jpeg

00B4C46F-912E-48E1-A570-ABD866DEFEAA.jpeg

This was my Dads saw that he used when he ran a tree service to pay for college way back in the 1950’s.

EAF1EB40-E7ED-46D9-9DF2-8ACADE07F260.jpeg

Last edited:

jalapeno

hey all, folks who ride here regularly... what kind of shape are the trails in these days? i came here once in the summer, but didn't have the easiest time figuring out the trails due to the overgrown weeds at the time (especially, further away from the lot). lookin' to give it another shot soon. also, anyone familiar w/ the riding at horseshoe bend park just down the road? lookin' to add either/both of these trails into my mixed surface rides. would also be happy to assist w/ tm. thanks!

one piece crank

Been riding here regularly the past month and the trails are clear. Much to my dismay, log crossings on the upper trails have been cleared :(. One still exists down in the stream bed. That one will get a few rocks for a roll-over.

EDIT: Took a few trails I rarely ride and did find a couple vine-balls dropped down on the trail. Also the less-used Center-Western trails are growing to calf-rub length. Good thing is that this is not a tick area.

Last edited:

one piece crank

This map is North Up. My typical Southern perimeter route was basically clear. The Western side (left) was freshly weed-whacked, the area around the word “Preserve” and due East of that are overgrown, particularly the main trails. I think I had one dismount/bypass (in the East creek bed), 3 walk under the leaner, and the usual 2-3 sit on the TT roll-unders. Overall kept a decent pace.

Someone’s been on it today, since I didn’t get any spiderwebs in my face.

F066739C-6F72-4AF0-B37B-AA3C7F3664E3.jpeg

This map is North Up. My typical Southern perimeter route was basically clear. The Western side (left) was freshly weed-whacked, the area around the word “Preserve” and due East of that are overgrown, particularly the main trails. I think I had one dismount/bypass (in the East creek bed), 3 walk under the leaner, and the usual 2-3 sit on the TT roll-unders. Overall kept a decent pace.

Someone’s been on it today, since I didn’t get any spiderwebs in my face.

View attachment 166959
It was me..... I took the spider webs. We did yellow blue north down red back to yellow then came down the hill in the south on orange. A bunch of trees down on orange heading back to lot especially where it crosses the creel twice. And yeah those middel overgrown trails were rough and had trees down. Thanks for the info though one piece

SAM

No posts for almost a year! No love for the Frenchtown Preserve, I guess?

I've been riding it pretty regularly lately. Rode today and the trails are are in good shape. Green trails are somewhat overgrown, as usual, but not as bad as they've been in the past. The green trail loop north of where it says Frenchtown Preserve on the map below is the most over grown. Also, that loop has a large tree down blocking the trail with no way around for a few weeks now. I marked it's location on the map. Not sure who to report this to. It's a little more than I can handle with a hand saw, but I'm willing to help with a chainsaw (mine is electric, so not much help).

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 7.42.43 PM.png

IMG_4199.jpg

Cole

No posts for almost a year! No love for the Frenchtown Preserve, I guess?

I've been riding it pretty regularly lately. Rode today and the trails are are in good shape. Green trails are somewhat overgrown, as usual, but not as bad as they've been in the past. The green trail loop north of where it says Frenchtown Preserve on the map below is the most over grown. Also, that loop has a large tree down blocking the trail with no way around for a few weeks now. I marked it's location on the map. Not sure who to report this to. It's a little more than I can handle with a hand saw, but I'm willing to help with a chainsaw (mine is electric, so not much help).

View attachment 194874
View attachment 194875
I have never been down there, and I'm in only 10 minutes away. Is it actual single track?

Top Bottom